Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Pilgrimage, You, And Israel

Visiting Israel

Posted by Kracken on 2007-03-05 01:33:38

I visited, or made the pilgrimage to Israel in January 1996, shortly after the assasination of Prime Minister Rabin. I went with a church/university group of 600 people for an 11 day tour/pilgrimage. During the tour through-out Israel, we crossed over between Israeli occupied land and Palestinian occupied land many times. We even drove up on the Golan Heights. At no time did I ever feel unsafe. It was a little different seeing armed security men in the streets but they never bothered us and we never got in their way. What I discovered about the safety of tourists, was that since both sides of the situation there depend on tourism financially, neither side targeted or interferred with tours. The only place we did not go was Jerrico, and that was because of safety issues, with the possible assassin being in that city and security forces searching it. But we went every place else in the country.

As for why I went. I wanted to stand where my Lord stood. I wanted to feel the places where my Lord had been and is coming back to. I wanted to see the center of the universe, Jerusalem. I had to see the Valley of Megiddo from the ground, so that when I see it next time with my Lord in the Air, I will recognize the place. For me, Israel is the 5th Gospel. It is the Gospel of the land, people and culture. being there brought my Bible to life. Now when I read about a place, I can see it in my mind, because I have been there.

I didn't rediscover God or my religion or my faith, or anything like that. Going to Israel, made my Bible and faith more alive. I was on a boat on the Sea of Galilee, where jesus walked on the water, where Peter fished, Where the storm was made calm. I was in Bethlehem, where Jesus was born. I was in Nazareth where Jesus grew up. I was in Jerusalem on the temple mount, where the Temple once stood and one day will stand again. I was on the Mount of Olives where Jesus ascended and soon will return. I saw the Eastern Gate that is now bricked up, but soon will be opened so the Messiah may enter. I walked in the valley where David slew Goliath. I was at the place where King Saul died. I stood on Masada and looked out over the Dead Sea. My Bible came to life for me, on my visit to Israel.

Posted by Donald Dumpsfiels on 2007-03-19 20:30:31

Pilgrimage, You, and Isreal

I want to go to Israel because the women there are hot. Also, I could get some Lebanese goldfinger to resell.