Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

My Detention Your Detention?

fairly good poll

Posted by p2005t on 2007-04-14 15:50:34

It could have been better if you used proper grammar throughout the poll. Also, under "number of detentions received this year" you should have had an answer choice of "0". I've actually never had what I would call a detention (spending a schoolday doing meaningless work in an average classroom at my school instead of going to classes - called IC), but I have had something similar (staying 2 hours after school in a typical classroom writing the uniform code 3 times... even though the offense was not related to uniforms - called BC). I do see the principle (and vice principles) a lot, but usually I can escape BC and IC... hopefully I don't get suspended by the time I graduate at the end of May.

Posted by p2005t on 2007-04-14 15:52:42

oh, and no... you should not have been given detention for that reason (especially if the teacher had not yet begun teaching). I believe that if you do well on all your tests, projects, and homework, then it should not matter whether or not you "attend" every minute of your likely-to-be-boring class.

Posted by The_Used667 on 2007-04-14 16:31:40

I agree with the person above because I was in the almost exact same situation as you, same class too; math, and I was getting detention too, evan a Thursdan Night which means that I had to stay 3 hours after school writing lines

Posted by silversatin31 on 2007-05-16 22:36:33

writing lines

You DID DESERVE THE DETENTION!!! If you are late to class you deserve to be punished. However, I think you should have just been given lines to write at home. That is what we get, so you still are punished, but can do the writing at home! Maybe you teacher got in trouble for not punishing you for being late until now, you should ask her about it. However, you knew the rules, you broke them, and now deserve to be punished.

Posted by flash gordon on 2007-05-18 01:36:06

UK Sixth Former--

Yes, you definitely deserve it. Take it like a man and don't complain. Are they making you pay for the window? They should.