Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Which version of the bible?

Versions of the Bible

Posted by kjvonly on 2007-03-30 18:32:32

As my username suggests; I support the King James Version only :)

Posted by Gary S on 2007-03-31 22:18:22

Do not know??

In the last few yrs--there have been so many translations of the Bible that I do not know which is best. The King James is beautiful but of course the language is that of 1611. I hate to be so ignorant but what was the Bible before 1611---lets say 1300 0r 900?

Posted by kjvonly on 2007-04-02 19:33:02

If you are saved and born again, you have the Holy Spirit dwelling inside you. Therefore John 14:26 says, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." If the King James Version is hard to understand, then pray that God would help you to understand the bible, because the Holy Ghost...he shall teach you all things.

You should NEVER read the new versions of the Bible. Here are some good reasons not to:

1. There are 17 (varies on translation) missing verses in new translations.

2. Who killed Goliath? King James says David (2nd Samuel 21:19, 1st Chronicles 20:5) NIV (and others) say Elhannan AND David (contradiction)

3. New Translations call Satan, Jesus (see - Isaiah 14:12 in KJV and NIV)

Therefore, one translation has to be right if they say completely different things. The King James Version has NO contradictions, the other translations do. It isn't complicated, so...

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid

Posted by kjvonly on 2007-04-02 21:16:28

By the way, one of the first major english bibles (before the KJV) was the Wycliffe Bible and Latin Bibles

Posted by Donald Dumpsfiels on 2007-04-03 20:51:36

The King James has contradictions. Tens of thousand of contradictions. Genesis has two versions of the creation of Eve. Hope you have not read Psalm 137 and have kids. Btw the way if we are suppose to cover up like Adam did with a fig leaf just why did God create the naked mole rat. Damn thing smells like sxxx and looks like a pxxx. The part about Noah getting totally polluted and his son Ham raping Noah and then being turned into a Negro is a good one. Best support I know of for racism.