Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

What is wrong with the Bible? (For those who doubt it)

Don't like the options

Posted by CuteJmcn on 2006-04-22 21:31:01

Where in question number 2 is the option for God exists AND the Bible is true and correct? Don't make biased polls. If you want to sway peole in your own direction whats the point of making a poll? You can just sit and tell yourself that everybody thinks the way you do instead of trying to make it seem like they do.

Posted by SgtKlaos on 2006-05-04 16:45:51

You probably aren't the only one who didn't see or read the poll description, and I don't blame you - it's easy to miss. But it says, "This poll is for all those who disbelieve the Bible (in part or as a whole)." That's why there are no options for people who believe the bible completely (like me :) I think I'll add something to the title (as if the title didn't already filter out the faithful).

Posted by Predator on 2006-05-09 19:01:08

The OT is just about ancient tribes

Well I honestly think that if the Bible was the Word of God, it would be a bit easier to read and get your head around, as we say here in England. A lot of the Old Testament in particular appears, to me anyway, to be merely the writings and laws of ancient tribes, which has little or no relevance today. A lot of the Old Testament is fairly boring in my opinion. I find it very difficult to sit and read stuff from Joshua or Deuteronomy, for instance. It simply is too old-fashioned and irrelevant. However, I will never say a word against Jesus Christ, in whom I believe. I have also concluded, reluctantly, that some of the Bible is myth. Not all! But how do you separate the wheat from the chaff? I have been searching for so many years for the truth. I am now 47 years old, and still looking! How will God judge me? I don't know. I try to live an ethical life and I believe in Jesus.

Posted by brjedi26 on 2006-05-31 23:19:58

I don't see the point in this poll. If you don't believe in the Bible, fine, whatever. Why did you make a poll to have people tell you what they think is wrong with the Bible? Trying to find more "proof" to support yourself? If you're trying to get statistics on what people in general think, then this is a horrible way to go about it. Talk about a push poll if I've ever seen one. This is like making a poll called "For Gays" and then asking "Do you support gay marriage?" and then reporting it saying, "75% of people polled support gay marriage so Bush is going directly against the people in trying to get a gay marriage ban in the Constitution and...." You have horribly skewed statistics. (By the way, only 9 of the 50 states do not have laws banning gay marriage. In case you were curious.)

So, seriously, what's the point of this poll?

Posted by SgtKlaos on 2006-06-04 00:00:51

Ok, brjedi26, first you incorrectly assumed that I don't believe in the Bible. If you had read my comment above, you would see I believe the Bible in its entirety.

The purpose of the poll is to show the main reasons why people don't believe the Bible. I want to know this so I can best prepare myself for speaking to people who doubt the Bible. Does it make sense now?

I realize now many people browsing the religious poll directory do believe and are irate when they can't participate in the poll. I'm sorry, but that's not what the poll is all about. If I make a new version I'll include the option about believing the Bible so people won't think the poll is "biased". Until then, be calm and let the doubters voice their opinion.