Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Lack Of Funding For Education

What is education?

Posted by proud confederate on 2005-11-08 22:25:27

Education is a process,not an institution.Many contemporary teachers don't know North Korea from North Dakota.Paying them more money won't make them better teachers.The education industry is a government monopoly with a builtin incentive to fail.The worse they perform,the more funds they can acquire.

Posted by Dr.Smart on 2005-11-14 06:52:43

That is not true in all cases. Please note the word us refers to America, not other countries... same with we, just a note, someone would have mixed it up. There are many schools which have good teachers. I think it is the lack of funding, and the way funds are distributed. There are two ways which fail when funding schools: If they do good, give them more and if they fail give them more. It should be directly related to the population and amount of tax paid by the population. You can say teachers don't know north Dakota from north Korea, then I could show you a chem teacher who knows the periodic table by heart and is a walking calculator. I think the society is a sorry excuse for a society. We need more money in education, health care and welfare. We need less funding in the military. We need higher taxes, because that is going to bite us in the $%!@. We need to reinstate universal health care. We need to stop barging into wars which will only lower other nation's views on us.

Posted by jameswilson7772000 on 2006-01-12 12:43:53

I would agree with the education part, but other then that your a communist!

Posted by Big Beef (big papa smurf) on 2006-02-04 20:53:25

And whats wrong with communism. If it was up to communists there would be more funding for education than spending billions on weapons of mass distruction. Which is what the capitalst nations America and Britain are doing now. So think first before you come out with something like that.

Posted by Dr.Smart on 2006-02-05 22:16:51

You may see communism, I see a way to end poverty. If there is universal healthcare, then people on welfare would think that getting a job would be a good thing, because they woudl get more money AND they would still get healthcare. You see China, I see survival as a people. There are non-communist countries with universal healthcare. I believe they have something called a middle class. The problem with this kind of stuff is: People think public sector, it MUST be communism (which is not bad), and if it is communism, it has to be like china and cuba! Guess what, those aren't communisms.