Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

All Star Baseball Team!

All Star Baseball Team!

Posted by isaidgizmodambit on 2005-01-30 22:50:00

I like the subject, but really think the ballot is very incomplete and has some names that shouldn't be there. Most notably, only three shortstops to pick from, only two third basemen? The list for both should be much longer and include players from the past. How could you make a list of all time all stars and not include Willie Mays in the outfield (at least on the ballot!!!!), or include Jose Canseco and Ken Griffey Jr. All Jose did real well was hit home runs, like other steroid junkies. Griffey is good...when he is healthy enough to play but he is going to have to show me he can be available for a complete season to be on my ballot. As far as pitchers, you left off many from the past that could kick the crap out of todays low hundreds pitch count pussies. I don't want to say that many present day players on your list shouldn't be there, because many of them should, I'm just saying there are many from the past and possibly present that should be on it.

Posted by Guapo on 2005-07-09 04:42:01

Nolan Ryan is the best pitcher ever, and Barry Bonds is still going to end up as the best baseball player of all time. What about Cal Ripken or Frank Thomas? Ted Williams, Willie Mays, etc these are the best at their positions.