Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Temperature taken rectally (through the butt)

Thermometer In My Butt!!

Posted by *SarBear* on 2006-07-17 21:49:25

When I was younger, my mom would take my temperature using a rectal thermometer. When I was around 7, I told her it was a bit uncomfortable. She said it was the most accurate way to take my temperature. UGH.

Whenever I go to the doctor, they shove that thing up my @$$. I always ask them to take it somewhere else, they say the same thing my mom did. Depending on who puts it there, sometimes it can hurt SO bad. when they shove it there without any ... gentleness or when they spread my cheeks so far it feels like they're ripping it.

OUCH.

--Where do you usually get your temperate taken??

Posted by Raining Ashes on 2009-02-06 03:30:40

At home my temperature is taken orally, but when I go to the doctor the first thing I must do is change into a gown and lay on my belly, the nurse slides the thermometer in my bottom and I lay like that until the doctor comes in to do the exam. I hate it, its cold, uncomfortable, and embarassing but whatever floats the docs boat.

Posted by Mikeb14 on 2009-04-26 06:31:04

Mom always took my RT when I had a cold. She claimed I couldn't keep the oral on in my mouth. When I was young I had to lay over her lap. I was 11 when I started to lay on her bed. PJ bottom off.

mom always took my RT before she gave me an enema. I had to lay facedown over a stool. She put in the RT and then prepared the enema bulb while my RT was taken. That was embarrassing especially after I turned 12.

Posted by SUZI_F on 2009-08-01 20:41:06

My mother only ever used the thermometer as a rectal stimulator or to ramrod a suppository in deeper. I'm guessing your mum was like mine, Merci, she was obssessed with keeping track of your bowel movements and if she decided you hadn't been doing enough doos, you were immediately going to get a suppository or enema? If so, let's chat on one of my pages like http://www.misterpoll.com/forums/102903/topics/148209

Posted by SUZI_F on 2009-08-06 22:14:42

The reason I directed you to that page is because there seemed to be a discrepancy between what you said there, and the experiences you've described on pages like this. Obviously you were subjected to plenty of "things" up your a r s e - and I wonder how do you think your mother decide that was necessary?