Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Homosexuality

Gay liberals

Posted by soccerdad on 2004-10-25 11:04:35

It’s funny how most people voted that they are pro-gay. However most Americans are against homosexuality, though most don't believe that those who are should not be condemned. Mostly gay are the ones that even bother to vote for these polls.

Naturally those who are gay are going to vote in favor of gays. This poll should have been "What do you as a strait person think of homosexuality?" Of course you would still vote anyway.

<<<>>>>>>

You know a gay person asked these questions. A normal, healthy childhood caused heterosexuality. Pyscho problems are usually caused by a traumatic childhood, child abuse is usually done by those who were abused a children themselves. Those who are abused can be affected in many different ways. Many gays had messed up childhoods either at home or at school. I know of three personally that were abused as children (not sexually) You are right that some cases are unexplainable, through I'm sure someone or something influenced them at some point. They just don't remember or think that they experianced was natural. Possibly it was caused by their mother being over protective or no father around. I’ve met the parents of some gay people and their parents seemed a little off to me (not necessarily gay acting). As far as it being genetic. Their is not a single bit of evidence that has proven that it is. In fact new studies have shown that childhood experiences may very well be the cause.

To the guy that said that gays are born with womans brains. Show me some scientific proof. Read this link http://www.narth.com/docs/istheregene.html

Posted by Tyson...... of Australia!! on 2004-10-28 02:35:56

========== In Reply To ========== 'It’s funny how most people voted that they are pro-gay. However most Americans are against homosexuality, though most don't believe that those who are should not be condemned.'

But they would seek to put major constriants on a significant portion of the population. Should that not be condemned, the belief rather than the person?

'Mostly gay are the ones that even bother to vote for these polls.'

So bias? But surely gay peoples thoughts matter on gay issues? Why should gay people be made accountable for the apathy of straight people?

'Naturally those who are gay are going to vote in favor of gays. This poll should have been "What do you as a strait person think of homosexuality?" Of course you would still vote anyway.'

So heterosexual people should get to decide things at the exclusion of lesbian/gay people? How is that fair?

<<<>>>>>>

'You know a gay person asked these questions.'

? How do you KNOW? ???

'A normal, healthy childhood caused heterosexuality. Pyscho problems are usually caused by a traumatic childhood, child abuse is usually done by those who were abused a children themselves.'

Why is lesbian/gay identity a negative thing? What about straight people who come from abusive backgrounds? Most abused children are straight.....

'Those who are abused can be affected in many different ways. Many gays had messed up childhoods either at home or at school.'

True, much like straight people.....

'I know of three personally that were abused as children (not sexually) You are right that some cases are unexplainable, through I'm sure someone or something influenced them at some point.'

I know many, some have experience abuse, around the same proportion as in straight community in fact. What influenced you to be straight? Why is striaght the default?

' They just don't remember or think that they experianced was natural. Possibly it was caused by their mother being over protective or no father around.'

This has universally been rejected by studies, it is not true.

'I’ve met the parents of some gay people and their parents seemed a little off to me (not necessarily gay acting).'

What was your sample size?

'As far as it being genetic. Their is not a single bit of evidence that has proven that it is. In fact new studies have shown that childhood experiences may very well be the cause.'

First point is true and not, studies are inconclusive at best. Second point is true if you seek out biased studies that do not hold up well to scientific scrutiny.

'To the guy that said that gays are born with womans brains. Show me some scientific proof.'

I agree, where does this come from? Gay men are not women......

Read this link http://www.narth.com/docs/istheregene.html

Now I would like to ask: why search for justification of hte existance of non-straight people? We do not (as a society) ask the same justification of striaght people.

Posted by totoro on 2007-10-21 21:43:14

First off, I'm gay(as if that matters). I also know way more than 3 gay people and know as a fact that they are just as well adjusted and have the same sorts of problems that the many straight people I know have. Every one of the gay people I know say they are born that way and none of them say that anything in their life made them that way. Answer me this..Why would 6-10 percent of the population CHOOSE to be part of a group that is still so hated. We are expected to hide a big part of our lives. Wouldn't it be better if people could be honest about who they are? There are many studies that show that most homophobic(anti-gay) people are gay themselves...and lets not forget good ol Larry Craig. Trust me, there are much bigger things in life to get worked up about than what consenting adults do with their genitals. Oh, and there is a section of the Amsterdam zoo where there are gay animals for all you that think it's unnatural. I can't believe that in 2007 we are still having this conversation but I guess some people still believe the earth is flat. Finally, anyone who tries to tell you that the vast majority of Psychiatrists, Psychologists and Doctors do not agree with all of this are flat out LYING!