Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Catholic Belief Poll

Faith of the Church

Posted by quickdry on 2004-11-23 07:02:45

This is awell constructed poll regarding what it does include. (truths based on the creed and canon law, sacraments of baptism ordinationa and eucharist) A more extensive one would be indicative if including response by age and level of religious instruction) dennis

Posted by Protoclete on 2004-12-19 19:17:41

Excellent poll. My only issue with it is the question on the Mass. Where was the "all of the above" choice? That would have been closer to orthodox Catholic teaching! Sacrifice, memorial, and meal: not just one of them!

Posted by espoir66 on 2009-08-21 04:15:28

Yes, indeed its a really well crafted poll but at first blush, what strikes me is always the 20-30% of dissidence at every answer, if we consider that the poll was directed to Catholics only. It seems that there are weaknesses in the official teaching " the magisterium" of the Church concerning the nature of the Holy Spirit, the Immaculate Conception of Mary, her Assumption body and soul into heaven and the ecclesiastical rule of mandatory celibacy for priests and the role of the bishops and the Pope . I can't understand that so many Catholics still ignore that baptism is necessary or esssential for salvation. It's really baffling after two thousand years of Christianity.