Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Why don't Americans like (real) football.

Americans don't know about real football.

Posted by SharkyPete on 2004-08-24 04:05:45

The reason why Americans don't like real football is because they don't know about it. It's called Australian Rules Football. It's easy to understand and it's fast, athletic and they don't waltz around looking like pretty boys in armour and shoulder pads. I guarantee if they came here (Australia) they would absolutely love it. Much better than that gridiron crap.

Posted by SharkyPete on 2004-10-13 23:03:12

========== In Reply To ========== The reason why Americans don't like real football is because they don't know about it. It's called Australian Rules Football. It's easy to understand and it's fast, athletic and they don't waltz around looking like pretty boys in armour and shoulder pads. I guarantee if they came here (Australia) they would absolutely love it. Much better than that gridiron crap.

And also Rugby League is the REAL football game. League players bash the living $%!@ out of each other without the need for shoulder pads and helmets. Besides, if anyone plays a game of football where head-butting is allowed needs pyschiatric help anyway. I challenge Americans to watch this game. Get your tape recorders out. Apparently the top league, which is in my country, Australia. It's called the National Rugby League. We also have an exciting, thrills and spills rugby league competition called State of Origin. It is New South Wales v Queensland. These games are shown in the US in the early hours of the morning in your country.

Posted by SharkyPete on 2004-10-13 23:06:15

========== In Reply To ========== I also challenge you to get out to San Francisco to watch the Australia Kangaroos v USA Tomahawks rugby league test match. It should be a great game of football. So be there or be disappointed you've missed the greatest game of all.

Posted by filosorosh on 2004-11-19 14:29:01

-in reoly to- And also Rugby League is the REAL football game.

Hahahaha. Americans call football something is played with hands... What an intelligence...

Posted by SharkyPete on 2004-12-02 02:04:41

Sorry mate, I agree with the Americans this time. As an Aussie I can tell you soccer is NOT real football. For starters, a football is an oval shaped ball. Be it league, rugby, Aussie Rules, American football. The round ball game is called soccer. The reasons Americans don't like it is the same reason Aussies aren't into it. It's a game for wogs and sheilas. Why do you think you have riots in Europe and soccer players behave like little girls when they get tackled. Rugby League ( I emphasise league, not rugby which is union) is the real code. They are least tough which soccer players aren't except Paul Gascoigne who is a pyschopath.