Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Shirts and Skins & Topless PE

Skins is best

Posted by dazdays on 2004-07-22 20:30:56

I much prefer to be doing p.e. without a top it just feels much better I dont understand why some schools make boys where a shirt in p.e. you just dont need one.

Posted by pip23 on 2010-06-20 17:54:06

I agree. Boys should never need to wear shirts for p. e. Topless is healthier, more hygienic, gives you greater freedom of movement and is more fun.

At my all boys school many years ago we just wore a pair of shorts for all p. e. - nobody ever wore a shirt or shoes. We had a pair of white shorts for all indoor gym and for athletics and cross country. For outdoor team games in winter (soccer and rugby) we were supposed to wear black shorts and have a white tee shirt for shirts and skins. However, we chose teams before we went outside and one team wore white shorts and the other team wore black shorts. This was much fairer than making one team wear shirts and was just as effective. There were coloured bands that we could have used but the teachers found it easier to distinguish the teams if they were wearing different colour shorts.

Posted by californian 101 on 2010-08-14 19:45:01

because it practices civilized mannersand proper dressing

Posted by pip23 on 2010-08-17 22:36:06

Californian 101 - I'm not quite sure what you are saying. Doing p.e. nude would probably be classified as uncivilised but, so long as a boy has a pair of shorts, then he is perfectly decent and properly dressed for the activity being undertaken. Similarly, of course, a pair of shorts or trunks are proper and civilised for swimming. Other situations might require more to be covered to be considered proper or civilised but not all situations are the same.