Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Kilt wearers, Scots and Non Scots - further questions

kilts

Posted by MisterE on 2004-05-28 23:42:27

For your information a Kilt is a male article of appearel. A woman cannot wear a Kilt. This is due not only because it is a male item but also because it is cut differently since men are built differently. What women wear is a kilt skirt. It looks very similar but is not the same.

Posted by highlander5 on 2004-05-29 03:34:55

========== In Reply To ========== For your information a Kilt is a male article of appearel. A woman cannot wear a Kilt. This is due not only because it is a male item but also because it is cut differently since men are built differently. What women wear is a kilt skirt. It looks very similar but is not the same.

I agree with your comment. However women who are members of pipe bands usually wear men's kilts. I was keeping the length of the questions as short as possilbe. I have now amended the questions for women to read "kilt or kilt type skirt". .

Posted by highlander5 on 2004-05-29 03:34:57

========== In Reply To ========== For your information a Kilt is a male article of appearel. A woman cannot wear a Kilt. This is due not only because it is a male item but also because it is cut differently since men are built differently. What women wear is a kilt skirt. It looks very similar but is not the same.

I agree with your comment. However women who are members of pipe bands usually wear men's kilts. I was keeping the length of the questions as short as possilbe. I have now amended the questions for women to read "kilt or kilt type skirt". .

Posted by kiltboy on 2006-04-10 19:57:09

Why ask women the question in the first place? I'm scottish and that question has never arose - ever! I can agree with the scottish male voter but as for the very few women who voted to say they wear nothing under their kilt type skirt i find that hard to believe. In pipe bands you will the women wearing underwear. Most of the guys will be wearing none. By that i mean scottish pipe bands.

Posted by highlander5 on 2006-04-13 02:59:03

The main reason that women were asked the question in the first place was that the original poll included women. As there are only a very few women who have voted I would suggest that no meaningful conclusion can be drawn from these results.

However I understand that, although very much in the minority, some female pipers and drummers in Scottish pipe bands chose to follow the tradition adopted by most of their fellow male pipers and drummers and wear nothing under their kilts.