Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

How are your teenage sons allowed to dress in the summer?

Summer Dress code for kids

Posted by smithjones on 2004-08-09 07:38:45

Our 14 year old had a habit of avoiding social contact with other kids and staying in his room reading or on the computer. He was getting lazy and unhygienic enough to make the rest of us choke on his fumes. We finally laid down some firm rules which included clothing. He wore his school clothes in the house as an excuse not to involve himself outside. So for summer vacation, he's required to wear only summer clothes, shorts, t-shirt; no shoes. Like most kids he felt awkward about his appearance but eventually got over it. Sometimes they have to be forced to see they're not as weird as they think. It built up his confidence, pays more attention to hygiene and fitness. It also lets them know their place - they're not adults yet, they're kids. They need to play out those last few years of youth as a youth, to work out things in their heads before adulthood arrives and the freedom to do so is gone.

Posted by quickdry on 2008-02-18 21:53:36

I'm interested in parents taking a poll I'm doing for school. I'm currently studying counseling. The only reason I'm asking you personally is you have daughters and I don't want a bunch of teen answers just parents. Please tell other parents you know. Thanks

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/323688

thanks much Dennis