Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Pink Floyd Poll

what is wrong with floyd fans today?

Posted by orie on 1999-05-21 13:21:18

sorry to be so negative, but evreything pink floyd did after waters left has been a load of crap. i dont even consider them to be pink floyd anymore. gilmors lyrics are trite and laughable. and for gods sake someone tell him to stop playing the same boring solo over and over again. in my opinion, and i realize you dont care, pink floyd had two stages. barrett and waters. both eras were amazing in their own way. i favor barrett, but its a close race. to those who think roger waters solo stuff sucks, at least he had the balls to do it on his own name. gilmore will just keep flogging the dead floyd horse till he dies. sorry if i offended anyone, but someone has to say it. send all love letters and death threats to jakobpro@yahoo.com and just so you know, i did give all post waters albums a fair chance. i still listen to them every once and awhile just to make sure i really do hate them. bye

Posted by WallBuilder on 1999-10-06 23:15:05

I completely agree..the music today is just a shadow of what it used to be. The band will NEVER be the same without Roger..and Roger being a solo artist will never be the same without the band. I do not believe that they will ever be able to perform as they did during the Golden Years, weather Roger comes back or not. And me, being..well..i won't say my age but let's just say I wasn't around when they were at their prime. But unlike the stereotype of my generation, I appreciate their (older) music and know that today's version isn't near what it was then. We'll have to just listen to what they made when they were at their peak and be sure to understand how they changed music.

========== In Reply To ========== sorry to be so negative, but evreything pink floyd did after waters left has been a load of crap. i dont even consider them to be pink floyd anymore. gilmors lyrics are trite and laughable. and for gods sake someone tell him to stop playing the same boring solo over and over again. in my opinion, and i realize you dont care, pink floyd had two stages. barrett and waters. both eras were amazing in their own way. i favor barrett, but its a close race. to those who think roger waters solo stuff sucks, at least he had the balls to do it on his own name. gilmore will just keep flogging the dead floyd horse till he dies. sorry if i offended anyone, but someone has to say it. send all love letters and death threats to jakobpro@yahoo.com and just so you know, i did give all post waters albums a fair chance. i still listen to them every once and awhile just to make sure i really do hate them. bye

Posted by DrWomb on 1999-11-28 02:36:24

========== In Reply To ========== <<<>>

Yes...you are correct.. but I agree with the other person who doesnt think its floyd anymore.. I agree.. I am one of those people who canc ome to grips and see that gilmour is uding teh name for his solos... his lyrics are trite,a dn if they are his lyrics, since random folks like his wife, anthony moore, and phil manzanera basically do the writting for him... Its floyd in Name..but thats all... gilmour ruined the thematics of the band, while just turning it into a pop band... sorru if i offended you people that actually like division bell and momentary lapse.. but I recognize the truth, its not floyd.

Posted by padraig on 2000-09-20 06:48:58

========== In Reply To the ignorant comments of the fools who for some crazy reason think Water's whining is better than Gilmour and Wrights fantastic talent ==========

Get a grip lads, All waters ever did was whinge, no-one likes a whinger apart from other whingers. The amazing musical talents of Gilmour and Wright are what have saved the post waters era from continuing along the lines of the wall disc 1 and the final cut. Any real floyd fan knows how abismal Water's influence was on the band and why since his departure the band's popularity has soared to new heights. Water's almost destroyed the band and he paid the price for it, he now has a mediocre career (if u could call it that) with no real success. Long live Floyd, the real Floyd Gilmour, Waters, Mason, rip Barrett.