Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Pink Floyd Poll

True Floyd Fan

Posted by d on 1999-03-29 22:02:58

This is partially in response to the person wondering why the Division Bell was bashed. True fans of Pink Floyd don't much like the album not only because it is a new style of music for them, but it is roger water-less. Roger Waters is the foundation of the band, and his departure caused many to stop buying Floyd. Waters was the song writer of nearly every song after Sid left. Don't get me wrong, I love David Gilmour and I appreciate the symboloc sounds of the Division Bell...but it's just not quite the same. I think many other true Floydians would agree with me...

Posted by The Mad Bugger on 1999-05-04 20:51:41

========== In Reply To ========== This is partially in response to the person wondering why the Division Bell was bashed. True fans of Pink Floyd don't much like the album not only because it is a new style of music for them, but it is roger water-less. Roger Waters is the foundation of the band, and his departure caused many to stop buying Floyd. Waters was the song writer of nearly every song after Sid left. Don't get me wrong, I love David Gilmour and I appreciate the symboloc sounds of the Division Bell...but it's just not quite the same. I think many other true Floydians would agree with me...

Roger Waters was a genius but, he decided to leave and do his own stuff. I appreciate Gilmour for having enough balls to carry on. Division Bell was an excellent CD and High Hopes kicked! I was disappointed in some of Water's stuff after Floyd. Amused To Death seemed fairly decent though. However, FLoyd may not be the same without Roger, they'll always be the greatest!!