Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Is Television Wrong

television is wrong for all the right reasons

Posted by I love life on 2004-01-22 08:49:42

television is wrong for many resons. it causes sloth, envy, greed, lust, pride, wrath, and gluttony.

if you have read the book 1984, you can see what other evil things can be done with t.v.... people come to depend on it, and they look to it for information they should be reading, whether it be in a book or the newspaper.

people in america have fallen far out of touch with the rest of the world, and while others work for peace, we continue to worship false idols like oil and television.

we must rise against this boring mental babysitter. the time has come to entertain ourselves. that is NOT the job of the government, anyway!

boycott television and driving cars! for the sake of the children!

Posted by Angie79 on 2004-01-23 12:39:58

========== In Reply To ========== television is wrong for many resons. it causes sloth, envy, greed, lust, pride, wrath, and gluttony.

if you have read the book 1984, you can see what other evil things can be done with t.v.... people come to depend on it, and they look to it for information they should be reading, whether it be in a book or the newspaper.

people in america have fallen far out of touch with the rest of the world, and while others work for peace, we continue to worship false idols like oil and television.

we must rise against this boring mental babysitter. the time has come to entertain ourselves. that is NOT the job of the government, anyway!

So i take it you do not have a t.v. or a car.

Posted by Eskimo on 2004-02-09 23:06:12

I’m sorry. I'm just a little confused. It’s bad to watch the news? Where do you get the weather forcast from??? What about the internet since you obviously have access to that. This is just my opinion, but I feel the content available on the internet is far worse than on the television. Also what’s so wrong with cars? How am I supposed to get home from college when I live in another state? I guess I just don’t know where you’re coming from is all.

Also, it’s not like you can’t do other things at the same time as watching TV: cleaning, exercising, reading, knitting, cooking...etc. Yes, our society is getting lazier, but I believe that’s the parent’s fault. They should teach their kids not to watch too much TV…it’s not the TV’s fault.

========== In Reply To ========== television is wrong for many resons. it causes sloth, envy, greed, lust, pride, wrath, and gluttony.