Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

For US Catholics

Catholic at 52

Posted by R ay on 2004-01-12 00:13:53

I have always been Catholic and i like the Catholic very much. it has given me comfort in hard times-- some real challenges-in my life-- in regard to issues of race, poverty, justice.I am not a candidate for "Catholic of the yr" but I am very comfortable with being a Catholic. I do not know how much real anti Catholicism is out there-- I have had people ask me strange questions about my Catholic faith--like "worshipping" Mary-- or if going to Confession is real scary or stuff like that-- but I do not think I have ever been denied any rights or anything serious like that. Catholics are really too numerous to hurt us much-- even if someone wanted to.

Posted by chucksmom on 2004-11-22 20:59:09

Unfortunately, my family and I have suffered through 4 generations of anti-Catholic bigotry in this country. I am currently an ex-Catholic (not because of the bigotry, I am an agnostic). I like my Catholic upbringing very much and think it has helped me make good choices. I still defend Catholicism against xtian fundies daily.

Posted by quickdry on 2004-11-23 06:51:10

To CM. I'm aware of others who hold to positions similar to yours. You must have some positive views about the church even though you are inactive. Do you see any signs that God's grace continues to act in peoples lives ?

Posted by catholicmark on 2009-09-19 14:23:23

I am not an American so am not eligible for your poll but I hope you won;t mind if I publicise mine, about Catholic practise:

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/451703

Thank you