Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Dress or a skirt as punishment

Something to consider

Posted by joekm on 2003-09-17 13:18:32

First off, I'm no psychologist but I have a young son myself and I'm just wondering what I would do in a similar situation. Lifting up dresses is not only embarrassing but also dis-respectful to the girl. I wonder if dressing him as a girl as punishment might reinforce the notion of women as inferior to males. Perhaps it would be better to directly address the issue. Go with him to school one day and make him publically apologize to the girl. This should be sufficiently embarrassing to be a deterrent while requiring him to show her the respect that she deserves.

Just my thoughts anyways.

Posted by susan rose on 2003-09-25 06:54:47

========== In Reply To ========== First off, I'm no psychologist but I have a young son myself and I'm just wondering what I would do in a similar situation. Lifting up dresses is not only embarrassing but also dis-respectful to the girl. I wonder if dressing him as a girl as punishment might reinforce the notion of women as inferior to males. Perhaps it would be better to directly address the issue. Go with him to school one day and make him publically apologize to the girl. This should be sufficiently embarrassing to be a deterrent while requiring him to show her the respect that she deserves.

Just my thoughts anyways.

Finally, A wisp of commen sense on this poll. Thanks

Posted by Holle on 2003-10-29 22:29:29

ONE! ONE sane thinking human on this poll! I had to go back to find you..

Putting a 12 year old boy in girlsdress to humiliate him in front of others, when he starts to explore his sexuality? Don't ask what got wrong if he has a strange ways later... People, one learn from discussion and respect. Respect is earned not forced! The boy should be taught to respect others but not by force or humiliation..

========== In Reply To ========== First off, I'm no psychologist but I have a young son myself and I'm just wondering what I would do in a similar situation....

Posted by pennysue on 2005-05-14 14:47:17

Like it

Many young boys would actually end up liking the idea of wearing the skirt. I have come accross young boys who when forced this with discipline ended up liking it and often wanted to wear one at a later time. I encourage boys being dressed as girls, it is only fair.

Posted by SuzieQue on 2007-03-21 15:58:30

I agree with Pennysue, My young son used to be quite troublesome and misbehave. When he was just 3-4 years old, I used to dress him up in his older sisters old cloths, He hated it and really was mad at first. My daughter was 14 years older then him and after she left for college and my husband left, I started dressing him up more and more whenever he became unruly. By the time he was 7 he became more used to it and I really enjoyed dressing him up. This was the early eighties and it wasn't uncommon for guys to wear curly perms, so I started curling his hair. Just short at first but it looked so cute I let it grow out longer. By the time he was 9 he had a beautiful head of long curls down to his shoulder blades. He looked just so cute with the long curls and blondish hair that everyone was always mistaking him for a girl, even when he was dressed as a boy. Up until this time, He always wore boys clothing to school, but the other boys would make fun of him and he usually just played with girls and was accepted by them as one of their own. The summer when he was 9 I started to dress him up almost all of the time as a girl and we went on vacation that summer and he dressed entirely in girls clothing all summer long. Come fall when it was time to go back to school, I wanted to go out and get him some new boy clothing for school, because he had outgrown most of his old boys stuff. When we went to the stores he did not want to even look at the boys stuff, he wanted to get all of his stuff in the girls department. After some tough moments and many tears we went and bought him all girls slacks, shirts, socks and underwear for school. He wanted to wear dresses and skirts too, but I told him he could not wear them to school, but we bought him a couple of dresses and skirts that he could wear at other times. He wore girls slacks, jeans and tops all year at school and no one ever complained to us about it at all. I always made sure his school outfits always looked pretty neutral, but he usually wore girls sneakers with pink trim and jackets and coats that always looked very girlish. Underneath he usually wore pink or lacy panties. For his tenth birthday he wanted his ears pierced so we went out and had them done. He really looked much more like a girl then many of his female classmates. He just started going by Bobbi instead of Robert or Bobby and things went pretty smooth. By the time he was 13, when he was readdy for school that year he went out and got guys clothing and accessories, plus he got his hair cut so it was just down below his ears, but even though he was trying to look more like a guy he still looked very much like a young girl. Over the next few years he made a gradual transition to almost all guys stuff but he did start wearing his hair in a long ponytail and still had both male underwear and panties in his dresser drawer. He still was often mistaken for a girl. When he left college at 22 he was a quiet very shy young man and went out into the work force and became a successfull technician. For at least 6-7 years he seemed very happy and able to cope with life, but always seemed a little out of place. At 28 he married a woman 9 years older then he, and when I first visited them, I noticed he was again becomming very much more feminate looking.