Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Men working shirtless

Shirtless Males Are Lessers

Posted by Fronter Kalis DuGalle on 2005-09-12 05:45:02

By being shirtless, you show that you are a leser, that you can't think straight. Humans evolve over time, and as this happens, more people will see how ethically and morally wrong it is. The people who tend to be shirtless are not very educated, and don't care about intellegence. While the people who where nicer clothes and keeps shirts on tend to be a lot smarter.

Brains will kill out brawns, think about it, when Cavemans were around, they were retarded, but strong, and as life grows, people get weaker, but a lot stronger. Without intellegence, you couldn't use the computer. So, in fact, you are a hipocrate, hating not being able to.

With intellegence, comes Medical Advances, longer lifes, and everything. Actually, it has been proven that the more athletic you are, you die quickly. This is why males tend to die faster then females, strong people don't live past 40, and smart people tend to live a long time. It is all about using your body, when you use it more, you will die sooner. But being fat will kill you even quicker.

Too many males are to horny, and want women, this is one reason why it is so abundant. If I were in law, I would make it illegal to show ignorance, it is wrong.

As people advance, this will die out. This is also why femals tend to be smarter. I am a male, however, I just believe in what is right, and hate what is wrong.

If you do go shirtless, you are a lesser, and are morally and ethically worse then anybody else. Try to think before you do. Anyways, I am going to get flammed up by retarded men pretty soon.

Posted by Bookers on 2006-07-22 20:08:08

Obviously, you are the lesser as proven by your incorrect grammar and spelling. Before criticizing individuals as being uneducated and ignorant for choosing to practice their right to work without a shirt, you should make certain that you yourself do not appear to be uneducated and illiterate as many of your religous, right-wing counterparts are.

Posted by Oliverb_99_99 on 2006-09-16 17:33:31

Your post hardly makes sense. Some of the oldest male leaders of the world were fine swimmers and were shirtless for that. Ronald Reagan for example. I do not advocate his politics, just point out that he was often shirtless in his films, he was an avid swimmer and because he was healthy, died at an old age.

NOT excercising, maintaining health, whether shirtless or not, promotes gluttony. That is a health problem and risk you will die sooner in life.

Working shirtless helps one to maintain the best potential for movement and work of the upper body. We have centuries of evidence to prove that. The hard work of people is what has caused advances, not just evolution; brain and brawn are equally a part of the human condition.

I think you could provide a bit more realistic arguements before you claim that shirtless men are less intelligent. You could also learn correctly how to spell that word for starters, as suggested by the post before.

I realize this reply is a year after the origional post, but sound response needs to be given to illogical thinking.

Oliver

Posted by Mouse-o-Matic on 2007-08-23 03:43:58

"By being shirtless, you show that you are a leser, that you can't think straight. . . The people who tend to be shirtless are not very educated, and don't care about intellegence. While the people who where nicer clothes and keeps shirts on tend to be a lot smarter."

Can you produce evidence in favor of this? Do you believe this because of personal observations? A single person observes only a small sample of the general population. Even if we observe relationships in qualities in the sample (e.g. between intelligence and body exposure) is a bit assuming to draw conclusions about the general population from those observations. You need experimental results from authoritative sources (e.g. The Journal of Experimental Psychology, Personality and Individual Differences) to ground sweeping claims like this. Otherwise, no one has any reason to take your claims seriously.

". . .So, in fact, you are a hipocrate, hating not being able to."

A hypocrite is a person who tries to advocate beliefs, attitudes, or virtues that they do not have. For instance, if you and I smoke, and I tell you that you shouldn't smoke, I am a hypocrite because I am advocating a "virtue" (i.e. non-smoking) that I do not have. When you say, "you are a hipocrate [sic]," I assume that by 'you', you are referring to shirtless men. You haven't made it clear how shirtlessness makes men hypocritical.

"Actually, it has been proven that the more athletic you are, you die quickly. This is why males tend to die faster then females, strong people don't live past 40, and smart people tend to live a long time."

Cite the source for these claims if you want to make them count. As it is, there is a great deal of evidence against them. Research ("Why Do Women Live Longer than Men?" in the European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology & Reproductive Biology V. 133 pp. 126-133) suggests that the combination of the genetic difference between men and women and cardiac output due to menstruation are responsible for the longer life span of women. This research also clearly suggests that exercise leads to a longer life span in both sexes. Further evidence (an article titled "Life Span: A Conceptual Overview" in Population and Development Review V. 29 pp. 1-18) suggests that differences in life span are due to physiological and morphological differences, not differences in physical activity. Although you claim that "strong people don't live past 40" and "smart people live a long time," those are statements that you'd be hard-pressed to prove, given the scant research on correlations among intelligence, physical strength, and life span.

"Too many males are to horny, and want women, this is one reason why it is so abundant."

You haven't made it clear what you're referring to when you say 'it', but I assume it's body exposure. If you want us to take you seriously, you need evidence that body exposure behavior is mostly (or all the time, if that is the case) sexually motivated.

"If I were in law, I would make it illegal to show ignorance, it is wrong."

It isn't clear how this statement fits into the context of your post, but the point you make is interesting. You say it is wrong to show ignorance. That is to say that one is blameworthy for showing ignorance, but that doesn't make sense. A person is blameworthy for an act if and only if (1) that person is responsible for that act and (2) that act harms the well-being of others. One is not blameworthy for being ignorant if he is not responsible. It is self-evident that there are few cases in which we make earnest attempts to be ignorant (e.g. one wakes in the morning and says, "I shall do my best to avoid learning today," then does so).

"This is also why femals tend to be smarter."

This is false. Although the national averages on the SAT Verbal scores in 2005 were higher for women, the Math scores were higher for men (Statistical Abstract of the United States 2007). Experiments (e.g. "Age, gender and IQ effects on the Rey-Osterrieth Complex Figure Test" in The British Journal of Clinical Psychology V. 46.1 35-45) show that men perform better on spatial intelligence tests. Men are higher on some types of intelligence, while women are higher on other types.