Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

pre-teens and teens ages 12-18 what is your bedtime?

bedtimes

Posted by Mitt on 2003-11-12 20:43:10

I belive children need regular bedtimes. For my 17 year son it 8:30 on school nights and 10:00 on Friday and Saturday or day before a school holiday, During summer vacation it is 10:00PM. Bedtime means in pajamas, in bed and lights out. If he is late he gets grounded for some days and has an earlier bedtime of 7:30PM. If that doesn't work there are more serious punishments.

Posted by bruno38 on 2003-11-15 02:06:06

This is good discipline for a boy his age. And that makes any curfew unnecessary during the week....

How does he take this discipline ? What if guests during the week ?

How often does he have the 7.30 bedtime?

Did you have to say to friends calling or coming to invite him out that it was past his bedtime?

What are the more serious punishment you mentionned ?

========== In Reply To ==========

I belive children need regular bedtimes. For my 17 year son it 8:30 on school nights and 10:00 on Friday and Saturday or day before a school holiday, During summer vacation it is 10:00PM. Bedtime means in pajamas, in bed and lights out. If he is late he gets grounded for some days and has an earlier bedtime of 7:30PM. If that doesn't work there are more serious punishments.

Posted by bruno38 on 2003-11-15 02:47:09

Norma, It is also nice to see a mother calling her 17 y son a child and not, as too much seen, a young adult !

========== In Reply To ==========

Posted by Mitt on 2004-11-20 16:54:12

My son has this regular bedtime. If there are special occasions he may stay up later with permision. Of course holidays with family and friend he can stay up later. But an a regular basis the bedtime is firm.

You ask what are other punishments for a late bedtime. They may include an enema or a spanking. This does not happen often. Norma

Posted by ZACKARY on 2005-03-07 11:52:56

My brother is 14 and I am 17,we must be in bed by 7:00 PM on weekdays or sometimes earlier if we are punished.On weekends we can stay up till 8:00 PM.We must shower by 6:00 PM even on weekends,lay out our school or church clothes for the next day.My mother is very strict and we get spanked,corner time,early to bed for any infractions of her rules which are many