Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Castration of sex offneders

Slippery Slope.

Posted by dh0202 on 2002-09-03 07:17:24
This is a big danger. The definition of a sex offender is overly broad in many jurisdictions. In some jurisdictions, it includes consensual acts between adults. In others it includes soliciting prostitutes (usually limited to third offenses). In some places it may include acts by HIV+ persons, even if such persons were not aware of their HIV status. This is plagued with many of the same problems as the death penalty. It would create a situation where other countries would not want to extradite, and bring up the same issues of underage offenders, retarded offenders, etc. Also several innocent people have been released from death row.
Posted by jennaxx on 2006-03-11 11:38:04

If your DNA is found inside a child, you get your testicles cut off. Simple, no slippery slope. And by child, I mean birth to 13.

Posted by dirtgirl on 2011-07-10 20:00:02

I agree with you dh002 - people are forgetting the differences between children and adolescents.
And the death penalty/mutilation are more offensive than pedophilia or street-level murder - simply because it's the state having the nerve to do it! I hope nobody needs an explanation of that last remark - if so, they're mad!