Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Barefoot Teacher

What about the students

Posted by Ross19 on 2017-02-23 09:25:28

I think it's great you teach barefoot. But what about the pupils? Do you encourage them to go barefoot too, maybe you should have a barefoot classroom policy.

I remember in my school days I was barefoot quite a bit in class and I thought it was great, plus it's thought that the pupils work better when barefoot.

Posted by psychologykate on 2017-03-21 17:12:59

I don't encourage my students either way. They are aged 16-19 and I think they can make the decision for themselves. I do teach one student who often leaves his shoes in his locker and spends the day barefoot. I'm not sure why he does it though.

Posted by hadomountain on 2018-02-18 15:37:29

when i was at college (UK college not USA) there was one girl who had assistance from a personal tutor-----she didn't have learning difficulties per-say but she did have a confidence problem and wasn't that great at reading/comprehension----the tutor always kicked her shoes off in the English lesson we were in---sometimes she'd be barefoot other times she had leggings/tights on---found that kinda cool how relaxed she was---the teacher at the front never minded at all.

Posted by connor.melton on 2018-04-06 17:15:11

I'm a middle school student and my friends and I go barefoot in school sometimes, but I've never seen a teacher go barefoot.

Posted by david1999 on 2018-05-28 17:19:12

I used to do that in high school, too. It's more comfortable than wearing shoes all day.