Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Parenting and Spanking

Spanking my kids

Posted by radleyradley on 2017-01-10 14:52:04

Hi JB

In our house the rule is very clear. If mum tells you to do something you do it. If she has to tell you a second time you are in trouble and punished. I was feeling rebellious But not that rebellious

Radley

Posted by radleyradley on 2017-01-10 16:54:00

Hi Jonathan

Happy new year

It is not easy being good - more fun being naughty.

Let me see. Santas suit? Yes. Rudolf's nose? Yes. And what is this? A red bottom? Yes. At least it was not mine!

Be good if you can. But make sure you have fun too even if you have to risk your tail. New years resolution? Be good. About some things ha ha

I got into trouble to school today which will mean more trouble at home tonight. I was beaten last the time I got into trouble at school. I hope mum/dad goes easy on me.

Radley

Posted by radleyradley on 2017-01-12 11:43:39

First of all I threw a piece of chalk then I smart mouthed the teacher. By the time I reached the deans office I had calmed down. I said I was sorry becase I was but that did not stop me being punished. I also had a note to take home for my parents but knowing my reputation they tephoned home before I got there. This time I did not get the chance to try and forge dads signature. So I got an hour of after school detention and a boy sized ssssion with Dads belt.

Radley

Posted by radleyradley on 2017-01-12 13:51:47

Hi Rick

and I will start by wishing you a happy new year as well.

I think a billion boys have been asked a million times why. And most of the time there is no reason, or if there is we do not know what it is. I was not meaning to test mums patience specially but I was feeling a bit rebellious and fed up of, annoyed with myself, annoyed with the world, annoyed with everything else too. Not good.

You are not telling me anything I do not know. I am old enough to know better. Letting my jacketgrop to the floor was senseless but I was not trying to see how long it would take for mum to react. I did not really care one way or the other. My mum would not beat me for a careless jacket drop on the floor but it was much more deliberate than that. Defiant like. More like throwing the jacket on the floor. My mum would certainly beat me for breaking house rule number one, challenging her authority and disobeying her. I am sure she would tell my dad too and that would be more bad news for my bottom

I have heard the word smack as in smack your bottom but we think that is what little kids get. More common word among teenagers in England is a beating as in I got beaten rather than I got a spanking Maybe little kids still say I was spanked but it certainly was not cool once you were of a certain age but it was not so cool to be beaten either. Yes we sometimes use all those different words like busted, tanned, paddled licked and whipped. They are largely interchangeable. I not know if a beating to be on your bottom. The one time my mom slapped me across the face for swearing I got a beating up in my room as well. The only time I have been rapped across my knuckles was when the teacher hit me with a ruler. I wanted to complain but decided discretion was the better part of valour and it would not be good for my bottom to reveal I had been in trouble at school, however minor. I did not think I had been beaten.

I not sure that the hairbrush is the most common punishment method in England because a flexible slipper the cane and the leather belt/strap are all still used by some parents at home. CP not allowed in any schools in the UK. As I the older I get the hairbrush less and other things more.

You were not trying to imply that moms are weak or ineffective in upholding rules or giving punishment. Because they are not. Some are very good at it. I agree that once they get around 12 or 13 boys dread and listen to warnings from their dad much more closely than they do from their mum. Around that age, boys start to ask dad for personal guidance abd questions about growing up and changing from boy to man. Up until now mum has always been the primary disciplinarian in our house, but there are times, have been times when mum has told dad, after punishing me thinking it serious enough for him to know and he has punished me too. I think the jacket incident would have been one of those times if I had carried on. I have made a short poll on this topic. Click on my tag line to find it as it is not listed in the main directory.

It is always good to talk with you and I hope that we will carry on through 2017. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I like hearing from an older guy who is not my dad!

Radley

Posted by radleyradley on 2017-01-17 13:17:31

For what?

I decided to pick up the jacket rather than face the cane for disobedience, for having to be told twice. Maybe you mean for swearing at mum.

Thank you for your sympathy and support .

Radley