Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Parenting and Spanking

Think You Were Too Old

Posted by bobbyjw on 2017-08-25 01:55:40

I'm 18 and I think I'm too old for it but my parents don't agree. Yeah mom still says the word spanking openly. It's embarrassing if anyone overhears.

Posted by R.J. on 2017-08-30 16:47:12

Hi Bobby,

I can imagine it would be very embarrassing at 18 to hear mom still use the word 'spanking' and especially if used within hearing of your peer age friends. Suspect it would be even more embarrassing if mom, or even dad, spanked you in front of any of these friends.

What could you possibly still be doing behavior-wise at 18 that your parents feel a spanking is still appropriate. My last, from dad, was at 16. I too at 16 felt I was too old then, but saying that was a big mistake, and dad proved I wasn't too old. I must admit that I grew up with so much respect and a close relationship with my parents that I probably at even 16-18 would've taken a butt tanning if dad said I needed one.

What term(s) do you prefer or most of your friends seem to use or have used as a teen to replace the word 'spanking?'

Even though mom is the one using the term, I would assume it is your dad, at your age of 18, that delivers a tanning to your butt if needed. At 18, I suspect dad would use more than his hand to impress your 'seat' but my dad required pants down too, as a teen, if a butt tanning was to be gotten.

Thanks for your comments Bobby. Take care & good luck!!

Rick

Posted by joh57 on 2017-08-31 15:10:58

Hi Bobby....totally agree with you...your mom shouldn't use the word "spanking" or any word referring to discipline unless it's IN PRIVATE...at your age....even if your were a few years younger....sounds like she's using the word to deliberately embarrass you in front of others...!! Even if your behavior is out of line....she should call you aside and speak to you privately ....!! I'm not saying you're too old for a spanking...somehow I don't think your mom will use "that word" if she didn't have a reason....I just don't agree with HOW she's doing it.... !!! Have you ever tried to explain to her in a respectful manner how you feel....!!!!!