Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Parenting and Spanking

Think You Were Too Old

Posted by R.J. on 2016-10-02 01:48:28

The poll results so far seem to indicate that age 11-15 was a time when boys and girls were vulnerable most to be spanked as punishment. Did you ever think as a teenager you were then too old to be spanked?

Was the term 'spanked' too child-like sounding and you/friends developed a new term to use that was more teenage sounding to define spankings you got?

Were you more comfortable at that age 11-15 phase of growing up if the same gender parent did the spanking?

Posted by roger21 on 2016-10-02 11:13:53

R.J.

I'm not surprised at the 11-15 age group being the age boys and girls were most vulnerable to be spanked.

I most certainly did think once I was over the age of 16 I was too old to be spanked.

I don't remember the term'spanked' being used once I was 14 or 15 years old. There were simply phrases like, 'come on then' or 'you know what to do.'

After about 14 years old my mom didn't spank so I don't remember feeling comfortable about anything when I was being spanked.

Posted by R.J. on 2016-10-04 16:10:22

Roger, I was 16 when I got my last one from dad. I knew what I had done was wrong and was a bit embarrassed and angered at myself for what I had done and that dad was now confronting me in my guilt.

At 16 seeing dad holding the wooden paddle when he came to my room was a big shock. Even though the seat of my jeans had gotten the paddle the year before at school for a fight, dad hadn't used the paddle at home since I was 12/13. I know I protested saying I was too old to be paddled--that was a mistake. I got the belt on my 16 y/o bare rear-end instead.

Are you saying it was your mom and not your dad that was tanning your butt (or whatever term best fits at that age) into age 14 and teenage years?

Posted by analee on 2016-10-05 01:24:45

I definitely thought i was too old to be spanked when i became a teen, and i thought i was spanked too harshly. Looking back, i probably got what i deserved most of the time. But there were some times when i know my stepdad enjoyed spanking me.

I only talked about getting spankings with a few girlfriends, some of them got spankings too. But when i turned 14, the spankings were usually done with a belt or strap, but I still called it spanking.

My stepdad always spanked me, my mom never did, but she was ok with it. I did a lot of stuff to get into trouble when i was a teen.

Posted by roger21 on 2016-10-06 17:01:03

R.J.

My mom used the belt on me with the last time being when I was 14 or 15. I really can't remember exactly. My dad had already started to spank me when I was about 10 and by 14 I suppose it was 50/50.

My account here sounds like I had a continuous sore bottom. It wasn't like that. I would say though that up to about 16 I received a spanking every couple of months or so!