Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Barefoot house rules

My rules

Posted by AliceD on 2016-04-15 15:11:43

I have these types of rules in my house. Myself and my three daughters must be barefoot inside the house. We don't enforce the rules for workmen or other types of strangers, but any friends my daughters bring over must take their shoes AND socks off at the door. Bare feet only in my house.

Posted by Ross19 on 2016-05-15 08:48:30

This is exactly the way it should be, footwear isn't needed inside the house. I myself have a self imposed bare feet at home rule, as soon as I'm in the house off come my shoes and socks. How do you daughters friends react to your barefoot rules?

Posted by AliceD on 2016-05-24 13:42:17

I agree, footwear is not needed or wanted in the house. My daughters' friends and other guests are surprised a bit since socks off rules aren't common, but they have no problems complying.

Posted by Ross19 on 2016-05-24 21:11:27

I suppose guests see your bare feet and just go barefoot themselves. I don't force any guests to go barefoot and quite often I will be the only one in bare feet.

Posted by Bill Shiphr on 2020-10-28 20:20:25

I did not allow my children to run around the apartment barefoot because the apartment was cold and they might catch a cold. I had to do floor insulation and Atlanta Window Glass Repair, as the kitchen had a crack in the window glass. So there was always a breeze in the apartment. I recommend taking care of your children's safety!