Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Christian Morals (sex, alcohol, abortion, etc)

re: Halloween

Posted by Archer126 on 2003-11-15 14:50:19
Interestingly enough I thought the same, until I found out that it did actually originate from pagan rituals, but the then Church(Roman Catholic) decided to adopt the ritual as one of their own so they based it on the Saints. I don't think it's something the church should be exactly proud of, but let them have their fun.

Halloween is entirely made up of REAL occult rituals that are still being performed today!

Let me put it the way I once heard someone put it: Can you imagine Jesus answering the door to give children candy on Halloween? Or carving jack-o-lanterns (their original purpose represented fellowship with Satan!!).

Halloween has nothing to do with Satan. Hallowe'en is short for All Hallow's Eve (the Eve of All Saints Day, the day after). Most of the rituals date from pre-Christian times from people who didn't believe in Satan.

Most of the bad press Halloween gets is due to ultra-conservative Christians who have made no effort to understand it. As a Christian I have no problem with it.

Posted by Eskimo on 2003-12-15 20:13:13

It's not just Halloween I have a problem with. Almost all of our holidays are being tainted. Easter....Christmas. When you think about these holidays, I'm guessing that that the first thing that pops into your mind is the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause with Jesus second. Some don't even connect them with Jesus at all.

I believe these are ploys created by Satan to take our focus of Jesus because that's what Satan does. He uses innocent ideas and concepts so you don't think he's there. Then he corrupts them to fit his will.

Santa and Satan are very similar .... aren't they. Our focus should always be on God and trying to please him. As Christmas approaches, remember that the REASON for Christmas is about Jesus and his love for us. It's not about the greed of getting presents. It's a busy time of year and it's so easy to get distracted. Just remember; that is what Satan wants!

Posted by Asa asa fighting on 2006-05-02 00:37:59

Adopting aspects of paganism was something early Christians did to help in the conversion of pagans. The evergreen for example was adopted from druidism, and the symbology was modified to stand for Jesus's resurrection, and eternity. Christmas itself was established in Decemeber because it coincided with Saturnalia, because early Christians could celebrate Jesus's birth without persecution. Biblical analysts say that Biblical text indicates Jesus's birth was in sometime in Spring.

Posted by AngelGirl34 on 2009-10-15 23:43:48

Lighten up!!!! Geez if your faith is that shallow that allowing your kids to have some fun is going to hurt it, then you need to seriously wake up to reality. Santa Claus is just a fantasy for kids, just like the Easter bunny. My parents were masters at creating a balance between the religious and secular aspects of each holiday. We went to church on Easter, but I always got treats from the Easter bunny. Same thing with Christmas. I had gifts from my family, and special gifts from Santa. Yet my parents also emphasized the birth of Jesus around Christmastime. Our christmas decorations were always a combination of religious and secular themes. It never hurt me to be allowed to have that balance in my life.