Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Christian Morals (sex, alcohol, abortion, etc)

results disturbing

Posted by jsalexan on 2002-07-11 16:08:08

It's hard to tell how the Christians voted because so many that did answer the poll were not Christians. But it's interesting to see that a percentage of those claiming to be Christian feel that some non-Christians will go to heaven. Beliefs like that fly in the face of what Jesus said to his disciples. "I am the way [to heaven and to God] the truth and the life. NO ONE comes to the Father EXCEPT THROUGH ME." Either Christ was who he said he was, the only way, or he was an insane idiot who died for his outspoken, irrational thoughts. Based on the evidence put forward by both secular and Christian sources, he can only be who he said he was. "If you have seen me, you have seen the one who has sent me." Hebrews chapter 1 says that he is the exact representation of God. If you treasure him as such then all the "rules" that Christians are to follow can be answered by asking one simple question, "Does this glorify God or am I trying to supplant happiness in Him with this action?" Read John Piper's book "Desiring God".

Posted by Asa asa fighting on 2006-05-02 00:25:30

He also talks about being humble and having minimal possessions, but I doubt you do that. The fact that you are typing this on a computer proves it. If you dress up for church, you're basically being hypocritical. There are many, many more examples I could give you.