Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Christian Morals (sex, alcohol, abortion, etc)

internal conflict: bisexuality

Posted by basketballgirl on 2003-10-12 02:08:30

hello! i am a small town girl who has experienced too much for my brain to handle. i have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and feel strongly that he will help me overcome my many weaknesses. However, I need some advice from someone who is in the Truth and can help me. I am struggling with the fact that I am attracted to females. It feels so natural, but why all the turmoil... God is testing me and I continue to fail Him. The temptation is always around me. Please give me your thoughts or advice. Thanks.

Posted by bhealthy2 on 2003-11-12 22:25:44

Stay positive first of all and realize that if God be for you than who can be against you. Also remember that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. So the good thing is that you have christ in you then all things are possible for you. So the temptation will always be there because the enemy is out to kill, steal, and destroy. But when you resist the temptation your spiritual muscles grow stronger and stronger. The ways you resist are find the scriptures in the bible where it talks about the Lord's strength and then post those up everywhere. Also emerse yourself in God's word and prayer. Leave no room for the enemy to attack. The easiest prayer for you would be something like, "Lord, you said in your Word that your strength is made perfect in my weakness and right now I am weak...Please strengthen me!". Contact me if you need specific scriptures and I will gladly help. bgoofy2@yahoo.com

========== In Reply To ========== hello! i am a small town girl who has experienced too much for my brain to handle. i have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and feel strongly that he will help me overcome my many weaknesses. However, I need some advice from someone who is in the Truth and can help me. I am struggling with the fact that I am attracted to females. It feels so natural, but why all the turmoil... God is testing me and I continue to fail Him. The temptation is always around me. Please give me your thoughts or advice. Thanks.

Posted by newwavegrl on 2003-11-25 21:34:13

Do you really relly think that that is a horrible thing? You are what you are! If you try to hide it your whole life, will you really be happy. I DO NOT belive that ANY higher power would prefer that you pretend to like guys if you do not. Church and religion is so much about forgiving sins, that even if it is a sin, then you will be forgiven anyway. (not that I think it is) I think that you will be a lot happier if you just accept that you like other girls and hopefully it will make you much happier in the long run.

========== In Reply To ========== hello! i am a small town girl who has experienced too much for my brain to handle. i have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and feel strongly that he will help me overcome my many weaknesses. However, I need some advice from someone who is in the Truth and can help me. I am struggling with the fact that I am attracted to females. It feels so natural, but why all the turmoil... God is testing me and I continue to fail Him. The temptation is always around me. Please give me your thoughts or advice. Thanks.

Posted by Telrunya on 2004-03-17 08:46:10

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Look for the way out from temptation. As one of the other posters said the temptation will always be there because the devil wants you to fail and fall. Read your bible daily. Pray constantly. The more you do these things the stronger in faith you will become. Joining a church youth group, getting an accountability partner, and joining a weekly bible study are all ways that will help you keep yourself pure.

Posted by Asa asa fighting on 2006-05-02 01:05:43

Be true to yourself, whatever that may mean. If that's the way you feel than except it, that doesn't mean go out and find a lesbian lover or not to, it just means that realize that is just a part of who you are. Denial and repression are not healthy alternatives. You are what you are, but of course whether you decide to go on those feelings is up to you. If you also have an attraction for boys, I'd say you can choose whoever you want, but if your attraction is limited to only girls, in that case, I think you should pursue that instead of trying to become something you're not.