Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Christian Morals (sex, alcohol, abortion, etc)

animal rights

Posted by tosogspiff on 2003-03-20 00:44:02

I believe it said on question four: "do animals have rights?" well.. i noticed that a lot of people answered yes. I am assuming that over half of these people were Christians. Any Christian should know that God put animals on this planet for us(his image) to eat. They have no other purpose than for us to eat and put to use. THE END

Posted by Eskimo on 2003-05-04 13:53:57

========== In Reply To ========== I believe it said on question four: "do animals have rights?" well.. i noticed that a lot of people answered yes. I am assuming that over half of these people were Christians. Any Christian should know that God put animals on this planet for us(his image) to eat. They have no other purpose than for us to eat and put to use. THE END

I wouldn’t really say “the end.” The question regarding animal rights was hard to answer. It really depends on what they meant by ‘animal rights’. I’m a Christian, so I feel there is nothing wrong with using animals for our benefit. That is why they are here. I answered undecided on this question because I didn’t know if they meant “Is it okay to use animals for our benefits” or if they meant is it okay to “be cruel to animals.” We are in charge of animals, but we are also their caretakers. I strongly feel it is wrong to abuse of be cruel to an animal. Animals do have rights, because they feel pain. It is wrong to inflict needless pain on an animal becasue we are angry or because it's 'fun'. That is very different to using them for food, skins, etc.

Posted by Patri0tPacifist on 2003-07-24 02:11:44

Although, you must remember that the Bible was written by humans, and not god.

========== In Reply To ========== I believe it said on question four: "do animals have rights?" well.. i noticed that a lot of people answered yes. I am assuming that over half of these people were Christians. Any Christian should know that God put animals on this planet for us(his image) to eat. They have no other purpose than for us to eat and put to use. THE END

Posted by newwavegrl on 2003-09-28 02:38:24

However, I would not believe that ANY higher power would want animals to be treated cruely. Just because I eat animals, doesn't mean they don't have the right to be treated humanely.

Posted by Telrunya on 2004-03-17 08:18:09

The bible was written by humans who wrote what God told them to write. Thats what God breathed and God inspired means.

========== In Reply To ========== Although, you must remember that the Bible was written by humans, and not god.