Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Christian Morals (sex, alcohol, abortion, etc)

Halloween

Posted by Asa asa fighting on 2006-05-02 00:59:04

Right on, Mikey. Pagan doesn't mean Devil; why? because the Devil is a Christian entity, and Pagans aren't Christians.

Posted by AngelGirl34 on 2009-10-15 23:38:25

Nothing wrong with Halloween. I was raised in a Christian home, went to Christian schools, yet my friends and I always celebrated Halloween. We would dress up and get enough candy to last till Thanksgiving! Even churches celebrate Halloween. The church I grew up in has what's called trunk and treat where kids from all over town come and go around to church member's cars to get candy. Its a safe, fun way to trick or treat and no one has a problem with it. Halloween is nothing more than a fun holiday for kids anymore. Some people need to lighten up.

Posted by RWM on 2010-01-09 10:02:53

As Stu2000 correctly noted, Halloween (All Saints' Eve) is a Christian holiday that no Christian should be afraid to celebrate.

Can I imagine Jesus opening his door to show Christian hospitality to neighborhood children by giving them treats? It's hard to imagine him doing anything else!

Can I imagine him carving a jack-o-lantern? No. Jack-o-lanterns have nothing to do with Halloween, but come from a pagan holiday known as Samhein (Summer's End, or Fall Festival, if you prefer). There's nothing evil about carving pumpkins, but I suspect that Jesus might have found something better to carve than a face - perhaps a religious symbol?

========== In Reply To ========== Let me put it the way I once heard someone put it: Can you imagine Jesus answering the door to give children candy on Halloween? Or carving jack-o-lanterns (their original purpose represented fellowship with Satan!!). I think Christians need to realize that Halloween is not a harmless day for children. It’s the work of Satan.