Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

should I let my son wear one shoe

need advise

Posted by oneshoemissing on 2014-02-15 02:34:13

he came home with one shoe again to day that's nine pair of shoes and 2 pair of boots in three months.

Posted by I wear Only one Shoe on 2014-05-02 18:25:44

My advice tou you oneshoemissing, is if your son has lost one shoe or boot from the last 11 pairs of shoes / boots you bought him, don't buy him any more shoes or boots, until he learns to take better care of his shoes / boots.

Make him wear the one shoe or boot he already has and see what happens when he tries to go to public places with one shoe on.

I know that from what I am saying sounds a little harsh, but you will be teaching your son an important lesson the "hard way".

Brian Johnson

Posted by I wear Only one Shoe on 2014-05-07 14:34:53

Hello oneshoemissing,

My name is Brian Johnson.

I forgot to metion this in my original posting, but if you want to talk with me about your son wearing one shoe wherever he goes, please feel free to contact me at my e-mail address: "briananddash@hotmail.com"; and I will delighted to talk to you.

Have yourself a nice day.

Posted by david1999 on 2014-05-27 01:34:51

I'd suggest you just have him go barefoot. It looks less weird than having one shoe, and if there's something wrong with his feet, going barefoot might help clear it up.

Posted by I wear Only one Shoe on 2014-05-29 17:00:17

That's a good point you made david1999, walking barefoot would be another way to handle the situation, as appossed to wearing one shoe.

But you have to remember, it's hard to know what the son is thinking; he could be going through what we call a "phase" -- and wearing only the left shoe only is it. Or he is trying to be like the other young men -- by being cool.

Whatever it is, he has to be the one to make the decision to wear one shoe or be barefoot. We cannot make the decsion for him. He is old enough to do that on his own.

have a nice day : )