Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Barefoot Back to School

My School

Posted by atheistkid on 2013-09-09 15:41:37

I started high school this year, and they won't let us wear shoes in class, to keep from messing up the carpet. Most kids wear flip-flops and leave them in their locker all day, so we're pretty much barefoot the whole time at school. My brother says that when it gets colder (we live in Florida, but it still gets down to the 50s), most kids start wearing socks or slippers. I like it alot better than middle school, when you had to wear a uniform with really heavy shoes even in August.

Posted by isaaczakharov on 2014-08-11 02:27:25

My school doesn't have a rule against wearing shoes, but alot of kids do leave theirs in their locker during the warm months (it gets pretty cold in winter here). This year my boyfriend and I are going to start going to school barefoot.

Posted by Pat7 on 2014-10-31 20:17:46

Hey , if anyone wants to chat or trade pics email me at patlove8980@yahoo.com

Posted by Alpha11 on 2014-12-25 02:16:57

I wish my school would get new carpet so we could go barefoot but it was built a long time ago by the WPA and they try to keep the original design ideas as much as they can so we will never get carpet.

Posted by freeboy316 on 2016-04-21 20:28:04

Boy do my kids wish they could go to a school like that. Closed toed shoes are the rule for them at school. Of course, all four wear cheap sneakers with no socks and constantly kick them off during class. Before and after school, though, it's almost 100% barefoot