Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

School Uniform

Boys uniform

Posted by 16shorts1 on 2014-03-20 14:23:40

I guess I was "lucky" when grew up. My mother believed that boys should stay in shorts full stop. Thus I stayed in grey flannel shorts all the time until I left school. Also other shorts and sometimes short kilts at home.

My school shorts were neat and very short. I was always being told how fit and active I looked in them. In fact a proper boy not grown up before my time.

The bottom of my shorts barely showed beneath my school blazer.

Posted by 16shorts1 on 2016-06-28 19:03:39

My mother believed that a boys legs should never be covered. This was why I wore brief grey flannel shorts to school to past eighteen. It was not the hardship that it sounds as I hated having my legs covered.

At home my attire was even more unusual. I swapped my shorts and underwear for a short grey school skirt and panties. I also wore white Pelerine socks and Mary Jane sandals.

This was not a punishment or discipline but a standard part or my wardrobe. I also used to wear a gingham school dress and a neat navy gym slip whilst completing any school work.

It was also nice to put on my play skirt afterwards, it particular I wore a denim skirt and bib skirtall.

Posted by pontiacgeh on 2016-07-27 20:36:48

I also believe in boys wearing shorts as apart of the everyday uniform, along with a tie, blazer or sweater with no sleeves, and knee socks. regardless of negative remarks, this uniform should be worn at all times, school, home and in public.

If you want a stricter uniform, why not outfit the boys exactly like the girls, with a very short skirt replacing the shorts.

This would eliminate all competition over uniform and give equality to both. At home my 4 children, 2 boys, 9 and 11, and 2 girls 10 and 12, wear their uniforms at home with short skirts replacing the shorts for my boys. after several days, the complaining from the boys gradually stopped and now they all seem quite happy. so why not extend this to a strict school?

Posted by 16shorts1 on 2016-09-17 14:36:15

Hi I was going to give a sensible reply to this letter, then I noticed that you are apparently 14 and wear a tennis skirt and have four children. Very impressive!

Posted by pontiacgeh on 2016-09-20 21:14:30

this post refers to when I was 9 and It was in my home not my children.