Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Circumcision

circumsion

Posted by jake on 2002-05-22 01:44:56

I, like lots of other guys born right after WW2- am circumsized. I never gave it a thought. Most guys of my generation were circumcized- but as i went through school and was active in sports- I of course realized some guys were not. I never gave it a thought or cared one way or another. I realize in reading Mister Poll- that it is an issue that people feel strongly about. I just am stating- I never gave it a thought. I have had a happy life- I would imagine it would have been just as happy had I not been circumcized. I have had a good and happy mrraige and sex life- I doubt it would have been less or more happy if I had not been. I ust never thought it was anythinkg to give much thought to.

Posted by toby on 2002-07-11 03:46:03

Amen to that Jake. Personally, I'm glad I was.

Posted by jerrydjerryd on 2002-09-01 07:32:35

========== In Reply To ========== "I, like lots of other guys born right after WW2- am circumsized."

I was born then as well but the knife missed me!

"I never gave it a thought."

I did give it quite a bit of thought, because the overwelming majority of my peers (and both of my brothers, older and younger) had been circumcised. I thought I had a mild birth defect until I learned why I was different.

"Most guys of my generation were circumcized- but as i went through school and was active in sports- I of course realized some guys were not. I never gave it a thought or cared one way or another."

It was never discussed (only one kid, very privately, ever asked me why mine looked different) and although I think everyone looked in the locker rooms, it was never an issue. I sensed that the few of us with foreskins were slightly self conscious about being different, but none of us came unhinged over it. I sensed that the circumcised guys were not at all concerned about showering next to the few of us with foreskins.

"I realize in reading Mister Poll- that it is an issue that people feel strongly about."

I do feel strongly about not circumcising unconsenting baby boys. Their foreskins are theirs, and theirs alone! I'm glad to see the poll results where so many women prefer intact or simply do not care one way or another. I'm also pleased to see the circumcision rate of babies declining in the USA.

"I just am stating- I never gave it a thought. I have had a happy life- I would imagine it would have been just as happy had I not been circumcized. I have had a good and happy mrraige and sex life- I doubt it would have been less or more happy if I had not been. I ust never thought it was anythinkg to give much thought to."

Likewise, it is easy for me to imagine that if I had been circumcised, I too would not miss what I have never known. However, I do know what I would be missing, and I am very glad to continue on with the pleasures of retaining my foreskin. My wife likes it too.