Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

legal sex

About legal age

Posted by Plain Jane on 2002-04-16 18:24:53

I believe that marriage should be for those 18 and up, and THEN they can have sex. Not before. So that would make the legal age 18, in marriage only.

Posted by Simon on 2002-04-17 07:52:59

I agree with you on sex before marriage, but why 18? I put 16, because that's the legal age to get married here. ========== In Reply To ========== I believe that marriage should be for those 18 and up, and THEN they can have sex. Not before. So that would make the legal age 18, in marriage only.

Posted by brendon on 2002-04-19 18:11:45

Are you honestly suggesting that anyone who has sex with someone they are not married to should be committing a criminal offense?

That's absurd. People should be able to choose who they wish to have sex with.

Should a same-sex couples be committing an offense and face prison if they have sex, because they can't get married?

Should two adults be sent to jail for having sex when they're not married. That would be a barbaric punishment.

I support an equal age of consent of 16 for everyone, but regardless of age, sex shouldn't be illegal outside of marriage.

========== In Reply To ========== I believe that marriage should be for those 18 and up, and THEN they can have sex. Not before. So that would make the legal age 18, in marriage only.

Posted by victor on 2002-04-20 05:18:36

Whether or not it's against man's law, it is against God's law. Going to jail is nothing compared to the punishment that God will give sinners. ========== In Reply To ========== Are you honestly suggesting that anyone who has sex with someone they are not married to should be committing a criminal offense?

That's absurd. People should be able to choose who they wish to have sex with.

Should a same-sex couples be committing an offense and face prison if they have sex, because they can't get married?

Should two adults be sent to jail for having sex when they're not married. That would be a barbaric punishment.

I support an equal age of consent of 16 for everyone, but regardless of age, sex shouldn't be illegal outside of marriage.

Posted by brendon on 2002-04-20 08:09:07

Well just lock up most of the population then. I'm sure that's what your angry, vengeful God wants.

Where do people get such fundamentalist and dogmatic ideas for legislation? If all liberal-democracies were run according some people's narrow-minded ideas of what God wants the State to do, you'd have a Taliban-style Government in the US.

========== In Reply To ========== Whether or not it's against man's law, it is against God's law. Going to jail is nothing compared to the punishment that God will give sinners.