Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Detention

Detention

Posted by virginie on 2002-06-04 22:32:22

I got my first detention this week for not doing my homework. It was so embaressing cos I was the oldest girl there n (i'm 17) and the others were about 12 or 13. I felt like really self concious, does anyone else feel like this? Love Virginie

Posted by jimbo on 2002-06-07 09:50:58

Did your detention work then? Will you not do your homework again?

========== In Reply To ========== I got my first detention this week for not doing my homework. It was so embaressing cos I was the oldest girl there n (i'm 17) and the others were about 12 or 13. I felt like really self concious, does anyone else feel like this? Love Virginie

Posted by flash gordon on 2002-06-09 12:39:13

I guess it depends on the school environment. When I was in school, the older kids were well represented in detention, so there was no reason to feel self-conscious.

I went to a relatively strict private school, and getting detention was not all that unusual. It was expected that you would get at least a few of them a year, and many people got considerably more. We didn't consider it to be any big deal. You shouldn't either.

========== In Reply To ========== I got my first detention this week for not doing my homework. It was so embaressing cos I was the oldest girl there n (i'm 17) and the others were about 12 or 13. I felt like really self concious, does anyone else feel like this? Love Virginie

Posted by virginie on 2002-06-10 19:22:24

Detention

Yeah, I suppose the detention worked and I'll make damn sure that I do my homework! But it seems to me that it works for 11 and 12 year olds but for almost adults like me (I'm 17) it's a bit childlike and we should responsibility for our actions rather than sitting in a room full of 12 year old girls!

Posted by notmyrealname2718 on 2002-09-16 03:09:56

========== In Reply To ========== Yeah, I suppose the detention worked and I'll make damn sure that I do my homework! But it seems to me that it works for 11 and 12 year olds but for almost adults like me (I'm 17) it's a bit childlike and we should responsibility for our actions rather than sitting in a room full of 12 year old girls!

Do not feel bad. I know somebody who got several her senior year when she was 18. She told me latter, that she felt it helped her.