Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Should my son be allowed to stay shirtless?

I'm amazed at some people

Posted by MikeZ on 2011-08-25 18:49:16

If you think a boy not wearing s shirt is somehow "inappropriate" anywhere than a formal setting, then you really need to look at your own attitudes and why you have them.

You gave one option as at the beach or pool "like a normal boy". Actually, normal boys are quite happy to take their shirts off at almost every opportunity. When I was at school, opposing teams were devided into "shirts" and "skins". Going shirtless in the playground was normal, probably still is, and in hot weather seeing a bare chest in the street is by no emans uncommon.

Your husband is quite right - you are being too uptight, and you need to relax and feel happy with seeing other people's bodies.

Posted by axelinwonderland on 2011-08-25 22:25:09

Couldn't agree more.

And as far as a pedophile goes do you think they care if your kid has his shirt on or off? Does the shirt protect your son from them?

Posted by spartanboy on 2011-08-31 04:58:24

I totally agree - chill out! I'm 17 and have a 14 year old brother and we prefer to be shirtless whenever the weather allows.

Posted by Erik Johnson on 2011-09-05 18:39:59

the answers "whenever possible" and "whenever he wants" really are not the right words. There are times it's not appropriate to be shirtless, but there are also plenty of times where it doesn't matter either.

if it wasn't appropriate to see a boy shirtless you wouldn't see them shirtless at the pool or beach either.