Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Do you believe in the government. (Americans only)

to all you "law abiding citizens"...

Posted by Buddha2.0 on 2010-09-04 13:49:05

i agree with the dude above on a few things. it's true, we are not 100% free. while some laws are in place to protect others, some are supposedly there to "protect" yourself, like the seatbelt law. hey, if not wearing my seatbelt harms other people, then i'm all for a $200-$800 fine. last time i checked though, it only hurt the dip$%!@ who wasn't wearing one in the first place (assuming he was in a car crash) and frankly that's one less dumbass in this country (hooray for evolution). Americans also like to think we have the power of choice. really? do we really have that power? ever heard of the "electoral college"? yeah, don't have to say much more do i. now anarchy=your a dumbass and probably don't wear your seatbelt. that type of "government" would never work. while Democracy works with the right restrictions (on the government) and the people's votes COUNTING. look at the ancient Roman Empire. every single territory or district had a representative (the Senate) that was chosen by the people, for the people. these were usually just men from that district that had the same lives as everyone else. generally it was an elder or someone with a great amount of experience. they actually CARED about the people they represented, unlike like today's backstabbing, corrupt, piece of $%!@ Congressman. very few of them actually care the people. every single Roman citizen vote counted. no electoral college or group of elected voters. now that's power to the people. and as for for Obama, most people who voted for him don't even like him any more. his ratings went down faster than Hitler killed Jews (owned). and come on, when a person wins the Nobel Peace Prize because of what he said he MIGHT do, well then somethin definetly ain't right there. i heard once that they gave it to him because of how he spoke to the people. really now? so did Hitler, look how that one turned out (and to all FPS game lovers, Hitler's K/D ratio-6,000,000:1. beat that). based on that fact, i think Hitler should receive the Nobel Peace Prize (hey, the skull found in the bunker where he supposedly shot himself wasn't his. he could still be out there....waiting.....) or at the least we could create an award in his honor. we could call it the Anti-Semitic Award. my first nomination is Mel Gibson (sorry, had to do it). now i hated Obama from the start, but hey that's just me. check out my poll: http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/499284. it's decent. as a closing note i'd like to say this:

What Have We Learned In 2,065 Years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed (stopped), lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."- Cicero....55 B.C.

EVIDENTLY NOTHING