Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

SNS Current Film Poll

Shakespear in Love: WORST

Posted by The Wanderer on 1999-04-13 14:31:10

I wish I could vote for "Shakespeare in Love" as worst about a billion times. What a travesty of justice that that steaming pile would win Best Picture. The Oscars have no credibility anymore.

Of course, the Academy hasn't had any credibility since "Ghost" won for Best Screenplay in, um, '86 was it? That was, in reality, the WORST SCREENPLAY EVER!

Posted by mina on 2000-01-08 02:14:32

========== In Reply To ========== I wish I could vote for "Shakespeare in Love" as worst about a billion times. What a travesty of justice that that steaming pile would win Best Picture. The Oscars have no credibility anymore.

Of course, the Academy hasn't had any credibility since "Ghost" won for Best Screenplay in, um, '86 was it? That was, in reality, the WORST SCREENPLAY EVER! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I agree that this film maybe shouldn't have gotten Best Picture (my vote went to La Vita e Bella) But it really wasn't a bad movie at all, and I must say that I was relieved to see the Acadamy step away from long, sad, voilent, sad, weepy films to something n a lighter note. I was beginning to get worried that for a film to be award winning, someone had to die and the entire audience had to cry. I'm glad to see the Academy keep in mind the variuos types of movies out there.

Posted by Winter on 2000-01-23 21:58:02

========== In Reply To ==========

I wish I could vote for "Shakespeare >in Love" as worst about a billion >times. What a travesty of justice >that that steaming pile would win Best >Picture. The Oscars have no >credibility anymore.

Of course, the Academy hasn't had any >credibility since "Ghost" won for Best >Screenplay in, um, '86 was it? That >was, in reality, the WORST SCREENPLAY >EVER!

I disagree. Imean it wasn't the best screen play but it wasn't the worst.