Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Why Believe In Religion/A God?

The Theory of the evolution of the Coca Cola can

Posted by punkrock on 2011-04-07 00:14:31

Billions of years ago, a big bang produced a large rock. As the rock cooled, sweet brown liquid formed on its surface. As time passed, alumininum formed itself into a can, a lid , and a tab. Millions of years later, red and white paint fell from the sky, and formed itself into the words "Coca Cola... 12 fluid ounces"

If the Coca Cola can is made, there must be a maker. If it is designed, there must be a deigner.

Posted by Sophisticated Simplicities on 2011-08-02 08:47:35

Interesting Response,

You are right about something having to have a cause for it's creation. But I don't believe something has to have a designer, as if it was planned out. I believe in the balance that has inevitable changes which effects all forms of life but not because of one 'designer', because of cause and effect.

One summer in Australia, out of an instance, shark attacks were reported on the shores of Australia, even the city Sydney after decades without one attack. You could think a god is controlling the minds of a shark, or you could see it was all because of a shift in the balance in that ecosystem. A temperature change in the ocean caused new currents to take place (a river also playing a part with the temperature having an unusual amount of heat into the ocean). With the heat entering in one part, the current was actually more cool than usual near the shores, which fish prefer. This current followed into the shores and small fish followed this current from the force as did the bigger fish that ate them and the sharks that hunted the bigger fish. Hence, sharks were in the area, at their young adolence age, they were at a time of life they needed to test for themselves what to eat, and what not to eat. Humans being tested during those times.

Everything is changing constantly in one way or another, the simplist activities that happen (or we humans make) can cause a major chain reaction. Cause and effect.

-S.S.

Posted by Chris Wood on 2012-10-15 17:38:36

Cause and Effect, huh? Gotta say, this does hold a certain resonance, since all things are connected, if only tenuously. I know if I commit a criminal act, and I get caught, I'm gonna have to face the consequences. And even if I don't, there's still the matter of my conscience. And it is exactly that which separates us from the animals. Each man is his own justice system, so we all have a responsibility to treat others how we'd want them to treat us. Makes sense, doesn't it? We don't need a "God" or whatever, we should respect everyone, regardless of what they believe. Maybe if we did, there'd be less hatred in the world.