Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Why Believe In Religion/A God?

hello

Posted by Sophisticated Simplicities on 2010-08-15 05:38:53

Ultimateguardian,

I am happy to hear from somebody who shares my views, I am constantly around others who can be quick to judge/impose onto others about their religion. On the other hand, I don't think any less of them myself from our differences, it is a wonderful thing to say what you want, believe what you want. But not to demand others to agree to everything you want.

A great majority of my family have been tuned out from any other choices because they've been blinded from the preachings they recieved. It is a trick sometimes, I realized when I would go to church with them (as respect to my grandparents), where I witnessed the preacher quickly pin them against others religions and how "obviously it's not the TRUE religiong". They were told to "save" the others who do not follow jesus, making them want to "help" ones who do not want to be "helped".

Although teachers are not allowed to express their views, I remember a few teachers who taught the science ways well, FULL of explanations and theories that you cannot get from religions. Realizing it myself, I came to my conclusion for myself that perhaps it is as silly to believe in a god as much as magic.

The thing of it is, I won't ever judge others who concur with my views, holding us together in a strong frienship/relationship, setting aside our disagreed views.

Words of wisdom from my mother, "NEVER bring up religion, or politics in a group of people, there will ALWAYS be an argument/differences".

-Thank You.

-S.S.