Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Judicial CP

Females Only.

Posted by Helga The Horrible on 2010-06-17 10:38:15

I've always been led to believe that men and boys prefer CP to other punishments whilst girls and women resent it. This poll seems to show the opposite. The question "Would you personally prefer to be sentenced to CP instead of up to six months imprisonment?" has over 92% female respondents saying "yes" but only 74% of male respondents.

Posted by Thordis on 2010-06-17 23:07:29

Helga, It is an interesting point you make. Here is a little more statistics:

Should the judicial system have the option to sentence offenders to CP instead of fines and up to six months imprisonment? 9% (8) Yes, I am a juvenile male 39% (32) Yes, I am an adult male 3% (3) Yes, I am a juvenile female 43% (35) Yes, I am an adult female 1% (1) No, I am a juvenile male 2% (2) No, I am an adult male 0% (0) No, I am a juvenile female 0% (0) No, I am an adult female 81 voters have answered this question. 8 out of 9 juvenile males say yes (88.88%) 3 out of 3 juvenile females say yes (100%) 11 out of 12 juveniles (both sexes) say yes (91.66%) 32 out of 34 adult males say yes (94%) 40 out 41 males (all ages) say yes (97.5%) 35 out of 35 adult females say yes (100%) 38 out of 38 females (all ages) say yes (100%) 67 out of 69 adults (both sexes) say yes (97%) 78 out of all 81 voters say yes (96.29%) It surprises me that 90% of all juveniles are in favour of judicial CP. It also surprises me that 100% of the female voters but only 94% of the male voters are in favour of judicial CP. 94% is still a high score but I had expected more males than females to be in favour.

Should Judicial CP be a possibility for 83% (68) Juvenile male offenders 75% (61) Adult male offenders 83% (68) Juvenile female offenders 76% (62) Adult female offenders 0% (0) Nobody 81 voters have answered this question.

It is interesting that it is the offender’s age and not the offender’s sex that is decisive ...

If Judicial CP is introduced again (no matter if you are in favour of it or not): 76% (62) Cane 39% (32) Birch 56% (46) Strap 29% (24) Wooden paddle 27% (22) Leather paddle 81 voters have answered this question. That so many are in favour of the cane surprises me. The cane has never been a common or popular implement in the USA so I guess that the votes indicate that many voters are European ...

If Judicial CP is introduced again (no matter if you are in favour of it or not): Would you personally prefer to be sentenced to CP instead of up to six months imprisonment? 8% (7) Yes, I am a juvenile male 29% (24) Yes, I am an adult male 3% (3) Yes, I am a juvenile female 39% (32) Yes, I am an adult female 2% (2) No, I am a juvenile male 12% (10) No, I am an adult male 1% (1) No, I am a juvenile female 2% (2) No, I am an adult female 81 voters have answered this question. 7 out of 9 juvenile males say yes (77.77%) 24 out of 34 adult males say yes (70.58%) 31 out of 43 males (all ages) say yes (72.09%) 3 out of 4 juvenile females say yes (75%) 32 out of 33 adult females say yes (96.96%) 35 out of 37 females (all ages) say yes (94.59%) 10 out of 13 juveniles (both sexes) say yes (76,92%) 56 out of 67 adults (both sexes) say yes (83.58%) 66 out of all 81 voters say yes (81.48%) It is surprising that so much bigger a percentage of adult women than of adult men would prefer to be sentenced to receiving CP instead of going to prison. My guess is that that despite all equality and feminism are the women very much aware of how important it is for children and home and the family as a whole that they are present and take care of things. Women know that if we go away (for instance to prison) for six months the whole family it can easily destroy the family

If Judicial CP is introduced again (no matter if you are in favour of it or not): Would you prefer that your spouse/partner received judicial CP instead of going to prison up to six months for an offence? 46% (38) Yes, I am male 44% (36) Yes, I am female 6% (5) No, I am male 2% (2) No, I am female 81 voters have answered this question. 38 out of 43 males say yes (88.37%) 36 out of 38 females say yes (94.73%) 74 out of all 81 voters say yes (91.35%) ... Thordis, creator of the poll

Posted by Amy2010 on 2010-07-18 15:15:30

Although I contend that males should be given CP while naked and in a very public place, I do think women should be given CP in private and while fully clothed

Posted by Thordis on 2010-07-19 16:23:57

Helga, what is the reason you think males should be punished so differently from females? The way you suggest males should receive judicial CP in a very public place and witnessed by as many females as possible must be expressing the wish that males even for relatively small offences (could be traffic offences) should be punished in a so humiliating way that the punished offender will have no chance of returning to a life as a good citizen in his community. To me it sounds as if you only focus on the punishments deterring effect on other males but you are willingly make the punishment so harsh and humiliating that it will have a socially excluding effect. Do you not think that this will make it a punishment on the offender’s family as well as on the offender? Do you not think that when the punishment is socially excluding it will force the offender into a marginalized life and probably new criminality? Do you not think that one of the advantages of judicial CP is that it unlike heavy fines or imprisonment is severe but does not harm the offender’s wife and family and does not have unintended damaging effects on the offender’s chances of way back to being a good and law-abiding citizen – also if the offender is a male? And then; why should female offenders receive judicial CP fully clothed and in private? I am very interested in knowing your arguments. Thordis

Posted by Helga The Horrible on 2010-07-20 01:33:13

Hi Thordis,

I don't know why you put that question to me, it was Amy2010 who expressed that sexist view, not I.

For the record, I believe both sexes should be treated completely equally - if a woman commits a crime she should receive exactly the same punishment as a man would. The victim doesn't suffer less because the offender is female so why should the offender receive a lesser punishment?