Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Judicial CP

Males only

Posted by Amy2010 on 2010-05-20 16:30:41

CP should be used on males only and they should be naked and it should be in public. If CP is used on women, they should be clothed and it should be in private as women do need more privacy

Posted by jenny2009 on 2010-05-30 11:23:09

We women are just as capable of accepting responsibility for our crimes as men are. If CP were to be re-introduced, it should be the same for both sexes. A crime is not lessened by the offender being female. I would feel demeaned if special consideration were shown to me just because I'm a women - we're meant to be equal nowadays.

Posted by JENl on 2010-05-30 19:40:31

I agree if it's going to happen, it should be equal, but the one punished, whether male or female, shouldn't be naked in public. It's supposed to be punishment, not a peep show! I don't know if judicial CP is totally a good idea, but I have known a few older teens and adults that I thought would maybe benefit from a good paddling.

Posted by sbt322 on 2010-05-31 18:23:04

To be most effective, corporal punishment should be administered in public, and perhaps even shown on television, to let people know just what they can expect to undergo if they decide to violate the law. The way whippings are carried out in Malaysia (as seen in a number of youtube videos) would seem to allow it to be public without offending modesty: the prisoner wears an apron which covers his genitals, but allows full access to his bare buttocks.

Posted by Linvala on 2010-06-01 04:16:16

To be honest, the embarrassment of having judicial CP administered while naked in public might be more of a deterrent than the pain from the CP itself. This would especially be the case in the U.S. where public nudity is less accepted and something most Americans are generally uncomfortable with.

Male or female, young or old, I don't think it's likely to come about though, even with juveniles. Just look at what has been going on in schools the last few decades. Only old-fashioned private schools still use the paddle or CP in general.