Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Boys Short shorts public school (recently)

This Subject

Posted by It'sIt on 2012-09-15 07:29:43

Well, while it would be nice if boys today wore short shorts to school like in the '70s-'80s, but I'd be surprised if any are, which is a shame... A lot of good arguments can be made for having such shorts as the standard for boys dress, but foremost for me is aesthetics. Simply, most boys (to age 15-16) look ideally smart & fit in a nice ensemble with proper trim shorts... With the way things are nowadays, it's a quixotic hope, I realize...

Posted by BD2014 on 2014-07-22 13:29:51

Hi It'sIt

I personally agree that the shorts worn back then were aesthetically more pleasing than the baggy shorts that became more fashionable in more recent years. Did you get a chance to wear shorts to school at 15 or 16. I would have loved the idea myself, although from many messages posted here one would have to put up with teasing I guess.

On the bright side, I believe fashion designers are now being inspired by the classic schoolboy look, and I've noticed that shorts as a men's fashion item are getting more common and shorter these days! This may encourage a gradual return of short trousers at school for older teens.