Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Liberal Vs Conservative: Which creates a better civil society?

Crime: Opening Statements

Posted by Aliasno79 on 2009-06-04 04:49:37

Since I'm here, I shall give my take on crime. First, it is a very broad category, and I have several criteria that compete for priority. I think it critical for the law to be followed, and applied in all cases without hypocrisy (that includes politicians, business tycoons, and all others alike). I seek to find a system that delivers punishment befitting the crime, but one that doesn't deliver revenge. Also, by and large, I don't believe any crime to be victimless, unless it is, in which case it doesn't deserve to remain a law. Finally, without getting too far into the details and debates about prison, I seek a prison system that doesn't convert petty crooks into hardened criminals.

It isn't my favorite subject, but it does effect all of us, and is critical to the functioning of a healthy society, so I rate it as a 5.

Posted by totoro on 2009-06-04 14:31:56

Crime and how a society deals with it as well as what is considered a crime and if laws are fairly applied in regards to crime are all important in my opinion. I am considering this category to be a 5.

Posted by Darkside47 on 2009-07-21 05:57:26

Crime is an important topic, because it tells very much how successful or unsuccessful your society is on many levels. I'm to tired to write a long detailed explanation right now but I'll give this an importance rating of 4

Posted by Wind'N'Sea1226 on 2009-07-21 09:32:47

Importance rating for crime 5

Posted by Taco King on 2009-07-21 19:43:41

I give this a rating of 2