Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Liberal Vs Conservative: Which creates a better civil society?

Your National Industrial base/industry DEBATE 1

Posted by Darkside47 on 2009-06-03 14:14:01

Please vote on how important you think this is and why, Vote on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being not so important and 5 being very important.) Please refrain from debating during this vote and please just tell us why you think this topic is important or not.

all members and independents please vote on this.

Darkside47 importance rating vote on this topic is 5.

I think this is probably the most important topic because the whole standard of living and nations overall wealth and ability to do what you need or want is based on your nations economic industrial industry.

everything from your economic strength to your military to your national employment numbers to the civilians very standard of living all depends and comes back to your entire nations industrial base. Which is why I gave this an importance rating vote of 5

Posted by Big Spender on 2009-06-03 20:27:01

Big Spender vote- 5

Absolutely right! this is a very critical part of your country, without a strong economy/Industrial base, it doesn't matter how fancy or lofty your laws or intentions are, if you can't afford to do what you want, it won't happen.

again my "importance rating" vote for this is 5

Posted by Taco King on 2009-06-03 21:04:07

Yeah I guess you guys are right when it comes too that holms. this is how your country pays for all your stuff.

important vote for this from me is 5 also

Posted by totoro on 2009-06-03 21:48:23

The industrial base is very important, but there are other aspects that can affect an economy too. I'm going to put a 4 down for this because I think things like tourism and the entertainment industry can also be factored in. There are many countries and even states that get a whole bunch of revenue from tourism, and where I live in real life (Los Angeles), it seems like the entertainment industry is about the only thing keeping us from sinking even deeper into the abyss. Then, there's also Agriculture.

So for me it is a 4.

Posted by Aliasno79 on 2009-06-03 23:00:30

The national industrial base is tremendously important. It effects the economic capacity of the country. It creates jobs for a great many Americans. It caters to those with a different skill set than traditional service sector jobs. It effects the strength of the currency of a country. It has effects on aspects of national security. The way we deal with it has repercussions in both domestic and foreign policy. Just to name a few...

I rate its importance at a 5.