Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

boys in girl's changing room at swimming pool

Locker room

Posted by Kasey Johnson on 2009-03-18 02:22:42

I have seen a few boys brought into the locker room at the pool. I don't cover up because they aren't old enough to enjoy the sight. They do stare, but I assume because they haven't seen a nude girl before. I have had to take a boy with me into the locker room a few times when I've babysat and we've gone to the pool. There is a rule at our pool that you have to be at least 12 to go into a locker room unattended. It was a little embarrassing when I was younger to see guy friends from school come in with their moms or older sisters, but they were probably embarrassed when I went into their locker room with my older brother.

Posted by manxie 07 on 2009-07-20 10:03:42

there is a similar rule where i go; children under 10 have to go in with their parents. At first i found it embarrassing to have young boys staring at me while i was showering or changing, but as all the other girls/ladies didn't seem to care I soon got used to it. Most of the boys do tend to stare, particularly at the pubic areas. I even remember one boy asking his mother why one blonde girl had different coloured hair on her body to that on her head! the girl went very red, and next time she was there she had shaved her pubic area!

Posted by Sam82 on 2009-07-21 19:46:14

11 seems a remarkably old age to have to use the opposite sex changing room. I wonder were this was. I have come across some 10 and 11 year olds in the 'wrong' changing room, but very few, rather than everyone. As you suggest, would have led to some very interesting scenes in changing rooms. I did read something, somewhre, about a similar scenario in Germany, but they have a relaxed attitude towards nudity there.

Its interesting you say that boys were embarassed when you used the boys changing room, but you were embarassed when they used the girls. Why is this? Surely the thing you'd have been embarassed by would have been being seen naked, which is just as likely either way round?

Posted by manxie 07 on 2009-09-01 08:35:15

Yes there seems to be a very relaxed attitude to nudity in Germany. I once went to a girl guide jamborie in Germany and the showers were just one massive communal room. The german girls just stripped as soon as they got in, didn't think anything of it!

I think in terms of being embarrassed in the chaning rooms, yes it's awkward either way round, but seemingly less so if you're in your own changing room. Being a naked girl in a room full of other naked girls/women and one boy is alot better than being the only naked girl in a room full of naked men i reckon.

Posted by Lnode on 2012-12-18 23:50:11

@sam just my opinion but i think teens can shower together unless it is their choice not to. the U.S. tends to be prudish about non-sexual nudity and may have a problem with this and insist on a lower age like 11 or 12 or even lower more because the parents cannot handle it whereas the children are okay with it. sometimes institutional segregation will cause teens to become embarrassed or ashamed of their bodies and want to not be seen by the opposite sex.