Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Forgotton PE Kit

Boys & PE Kit

Posted by andy on 2002-04-02 15:29:50

I don't see that boys should have a free choice over things like PE kit. What has been suggested is that boys can wear what they like, and if they forget kit just sit the lesson out.

If you let teenage boys do what they want they will learn this lesson into their adult years, just do what you want and ignore the rules, you won't get any kind of punishment.

If making a boy go barefoot or shirtless is abuse, so is making him wear just shorts when swimming - this is just rubbish.

If a school has a fixed PE kit then if a boy ignores this he should be punished. If that kit is just shorts then the boy wears just shorts inside or outside - if the punishment for forgetting kit is to strip to briefs, then the boy should have to strip down to his briefs -it would only be abuse to make a kid strip completely and that doesn't happen.

Posted by daniel on 2002-04-04 06:00:42

========== In Reply To ========== I don't see that boys should have a free choice over things like PE kit. What has been suggested is that boys can wear what they like, and if they forget kit just sit the lesson out.

If you let teenage boys do what they want they will learn this lesson into their adult years, just do what you want and ignore the rules, you won't get any kind of punishment.

If making a boy go barefoot or shirtless is abuse, so is making him wear just shorts when swimming - this is just rubbish.

If a school has a fixed PE kit then if a boy ignores this he should be punished. If that kit is just shorts then the boy wears just shorts inside or outside - if the punishment for forgetting kit is to strip to briefs, then the boy should have to strip down to his briefs -it would only be abuse to make a kid strip completely and that doesn't happen.

I must repeat my opinion. For me it is no diference between making me bare feet and toplles and making me complete nude. I was embarassed when our teacher asked me to take off me shoes. And that is way I am sure that it is abuse. In case of swimming that is another situation. There is quit normal be bare feet in swimming pool. You are right that rules are rules. But this is very stupid rule and I think it must be banned in whole world. After reading many poll in this misterpoll I know that in many England schools are rules about uniform and PE uniform with bare feet or topless. I think there must be many children that do not like it. Do not be afraid send contribution here, please.

Posted by jimbo on 2002-06-05 12:26:48

Well said Andy. Some of these children think they make the rules. Perhaps if there was stronger discipline in some of these schools the children wouldn't be so ant-authority. I am in favour of children doing PE in their underwear if they forget their kit. I guarantee if they have been through the embarassment once, they will not forget again.=

========= In Reply To ========== I don't see that boys should have a free choice over things like PE kit. What has been suggested is that boys can wear what they like, and if they forget kit just sit the lesson out.

Posted by Flyboy on 2002-06-07 03:45:22

I agree with your comments. When I was at school if you forgot any item of kit you usually went without. Tough! Even if that meanyt being outside without a shirt or having to wear just your underpants. You knew the rules and the cosequences. Nowadays there are no consequences so anarchy prevails.

I don't think applying known rules is abuse. You mention stripping completely. I attended a boys boarding school and we always swam naked the only exception being at swimming competitions when trunks were worn. That was right from age 7 at Prep to leaving at 16. Never once thought of it as abusive. Just the way it was and accepted it. Looking back now I still dont see anything wrong with it. Far too many people are hooked up with unfounded body image problems or fears of peadophiles. Such creeps exisit but I dont think to the extent some would have us believe.

========== In Reply To ========== I don't see that boys should have a free choice over things like PE kit. What has been suggested is that boys can wear what they like, and if they forget kit just sit the lesson out.

Posted by ann on 2002-06-26 08:34:11

========== In Reply To ==========

I agree with your comments. When I was at school if you forgot any item of kit you usually went without. Tough! Even if that meanyt being outside without a shirt or having to wear just your underpants. You knew the rules and the cosequences. Nowadays there are no consequences so anarchy prevails.

I don't think applying known rules is abuse. You mention stripping completely. I attended a boys boarding school and we always swam naked the only exception being at swimming competitions when trunks were worn. That was right from age 7 at Prep to leaving at 16. Never once thought of it as abusive. Just the way it was and accepted it. Looking back now I still dont see anything wrong with it. Far too many people are hooked up with unfounded body image problems or fears of peadophiles. Such creeps exisit but I dont think to the extent some would have us believe.

At my school in the early 60's the PE teachers had a supply of girls navy knickers that the boys had to wear if they forgot their PE kit. As well the boys had to join in the girls lessons. The threat of that was enough to make you remember your kit. One day I did'nt but that another story that changed my life!!