Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

School swimwear

Swimming at school

Posted by kitlad on 2001-11-22 18:12:02

At my (private) school in the UK in the mid-late 80s we had to swim nude - boys only - right up until we left school. The girls wore one piece costumes when they had swimming.

Anyone else the same?

Posted by jim on 2002-01-29 02:05:15

in my coed private school in oz we swim nude together up until year 9 when we're allowed to wear suits and speedos. The good looking boys tend to like showing off and don't normally start wearing speedos until year 10 or 11. It's great perving on their private parts! ========== In Reply To ========== At my (private) school in the UK in the mid-late 80s we had to swim nude - boys only - right up until we left school. The girls wore one piece costumes when they had swimming.

Anyone else the same?

Posted by Flyboy on 2002-06-07 04:03:41

Very similar experience. Right through Prep and Seniors boys at my school always swam nude except at swimming galas. I left early/mid 80's and the practice petered out by the end of the 80's even in the Prep by the end of the 80's. As with any boy 'excused' from PE or Games you had to get changed into kit and stand or sit on the sidelines or assist the teachers in some way, swims included. None of us thought anything of this. Just the way it was.

Not so much fun having to dive into a freezing pool first thing in the morning but that would not have been any different whatever we were or were not wearing. No wet suits for sure!

Only about six girls in the school (staffs daughters) and they were never at the pool at the same time. They wore costumes.

Never understood why only boys had to be naked. Think it was something to do with a psychology theory although often hear stories about filters clogging etc.

I think a return to nude swimming would be good for kids today. Too many hang ups about body image gleaned from TV and magaines. Also too many fears about perverts. Protect the teachers from allegations by ensuring always two on and there should be no problem

========== In Reply To ========== At my (private) school in the UK in the mid-late 80s we had to swim nude - boys only - right up until we left school. The girls wore one piece costumes when they had swimming.

Anyone else the same?

Posted by jimbo on 2002-06-07 08:20:05

=You are right flyboy, it was much tougher back then. I remember having to swim in my speedos on a freezing cold day, when it was pouring down with rain, in the outside school swimming pool. We didn't complain though, not even when the teacher kept us waiting on the side for ages. We soon warm4ed up once we were swimming.

========= In Reply To ==========

Very similar experience. Right through Prep and Seniors boys at my school always swam nude except at swimming galas. I left early/mid 80's and the practice petered out by the end of the 80's even in the Prep by the end of the 80's. As with any boy 'excused' from PE or Games you had to get changed into kit and stand or sit on the sidelines or assist the teachers in some way, swims included. None of us thought anything of this. Just the way it was.

Not so much fun having to dive into a freezing pool first thing in the morning but that would not have been any different whatever we were or were not wearing. No wet suits for sure!

Only about six girls in the school (staffs daughters) and they were never at the pool at the same time. They wore costumes.

Never understood why only boys had to be naked. Think it was something to do with a psychology theory although often hear stories about filters clogging etc.

I think a return to nude swimming would be good for kids today. Too many hang ups about body image gleaned from TV and magaines. Also too many fears about perverts. Protect the teachers from allegations by ensuring always two on and there should be no problem

Posted by jacobtench on 2008-04-12 02:05:21

at the prep school i go to now, we swim naked, and the coach goes naked. no one minds because its only guys